My predator helios 300 reaches temp upto 99°C while playing games

Sandhip
Sandhip Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi I have predator helios 300 g3-572 notebook... It reaches 99°C while playing Games... After I undervolted cpu it now reaches 95°c...i know this is faraway from safe Temps...and I don't feel like playing in gtx 1060 as fps in games is not constant its on range like 70-130... Can anyone help me with these things? 

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited June 2018
    Set FPS limit to 60, and turn on vsync if possible. The frames over 60 on a screen limited to 60Hz wouldn't really show up in terms of clarity.
    With about 0.125 volts undervolting on CPU, games like Witcher 3, Ghost Recon wildlands, RUST on ultra  settings and FPS at 60, temps stay at around 60-75, with an occasional spike to 80-85.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • MrGrudev
    MrGrudev Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
    I had the same problem with my Helio 300. I7-8750H CPU and 1060 6GB. I managed to get incredible results on temperatures by undervolting the CPU ( I am still continuing undervolting and testing, but so far my system is stable at -125mV on core, cache and -0.605 on Intel GPU.
    1st of all try undervolting ( there is great tutotials in youtube and in this forum also. You can use this link. 
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw/videos

Go through  

"Acer Predator Helios 300 - Windows Optimization Guide" then 

Acer Predator Helios 300 - ThrottleStop Remix - Undervolt Guide - Overheating Fix / Optimization

Hotel Hero did a great job making this guides. :)

2. Second thing you might want to do is lifting the notebook from the table by inch or two. Best way is to get a cooling pad beneath it.
    3. Third thing that helped me is optimising the games via Nvidia Experience. I did it game by game, because for some of the games it reduces the graphics too much. For them you can do it manually in the game.

Doing this 3 things reduced the temps from 95-99 top on the CPU to average 75, spikes to 85 ( ON ULTRA SETTINGS )

Good luck :)
  • Sandhip

Tinkerer

I actually undervolted my cpu with - 120mV and even after undervolting cpu it reaches 95°C.
  • MrGrudev
    MrGrudev Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
    What values did you set on FIVR for Turbo Boost? You may try reducing the maximum frequency of your processor. Btw what is your processor model?
    Can you send screenshots of your Throttlestop settings (main screen of the app, FIVR and TDP).
  • Sandhip

Tinkerer

I repasted thermal paste... But even now it reaches 98°C...
  • HeiZenBerG
    HeiZenBerG Member Posts: 1 New User
    Sandhip said:
    I repasted thermal paste... But even now it reaches 98°C...
    Try replacing the fan. accumulation of dust clogs the air passage leading to increased working temperatures. i experienced the same issue and changing them helped reduce my temps
  • reaLEtyx
    reaLEtyx Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter
    @Sandhip When you repasted did you clean the fans? I just repasted my laptop after 2 years and my fans were CLOGGED with dust. Maybe this scould help you?