The Dolby Audio application has vanished after I reset my AN515-42 (Nitro 5)

CaptainEmerald
CaptainEmerald Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
The Dolby application was so useful for me, but it is no longer there, also spatial sound options is also gone, when I try to select a spatial sound mode it is just greyed out, I cant select anything. Would much appreciate some help, I heard that some special drivers could fix the problem, but I can't find it. Again, would highly appreciate some help with this issue. 

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    CaptainEmerald 

Please uninstall and reinstall the audio adapter driver and check the issue. Right-click on the Start button on the taskbar and then click Device Manager.
    Expand the section that needs the drivers, Right-click othen click Uninstall device option. 
    When you get the following confirmation dialog, select Delete the driver software for this device check box and then click Uninstall button. Once the driver is uninstalled, reboot your computer once and let windows install the driver.

You may  click on download to save the file, then open the downloaded folder and install it, After installing the driver, if the "Dolby" option is still not displayed, open the downloaded folder and you will find a DS1 folder.
    Open the DS1 folder and openx64 folder and run the Dolby Digital application file.
    Audio driver : Download

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Answer ✓
    CaptainEmerald 

Please uninstall and reinstall the audio adapter driver and check the issue. Right-click on the Start button on the taskbar and then click Device Manager.
    Expand the section that needs the drivers, Right-click othen click Uninstall device option. 
    When you get the following confirmation dialog, select Delete the driver software for this device check box and then click Uninstall button. Once the driver is uninstalled, reboot your computer once and let windows install the driver.

You may  click on download to save the file, then open the downloaded folder and install it, After installing the driver, if the "Dolby" option is still not displayed, open the downloaded folder and you will find a DS1 folder.
    Open the DS1 folder and openx64 folder and run the Dolby Digital application file.

• CaptainEmerald
    CaptainEmerald Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Sharanji said:
    CaptainEmerald 

Hi Sharanji, thanks for the detailed and helpful answer! 

Before I want to follow the steps you have sent me accordingly I would like to know which of the two audio drivers i should reinstall. Should I do it with the AMD audio driver or the Realtek Audio Driver?

• Sharanji
    Before I want to follow the steps you have sent me accordingly I would like to know which of the two audio drivers i should reinstall. Should I do it with the AMD audio driver or the Realtek Audio Driver?

Sorry for the late reply, I missed it. You need to uninstall the Realtek audio driver from device manager.
    Hope the Audio Dolby application has been restored and issue is resolved.
  • WJR1989
    WJR1989 Member Posts: 1 New User
    @CaptainEmerald did the above steps fix your problem?