X34P BLB

OGM3X
OGM3X Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
I just got a new X34P and it has some BLB on the lower right corner . Is this common on a IPS monitor ? You would think if your spending 1k on a monitor it wouldn't have these issues . Another thing is if I send it back what are the chances ill get another one with more BLB ?    

Best Answer

• RidingTheFlow
    RidingTheFlow Member Posts: 93 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited June 2018 Answer ✓
    Its unfortunately common with modern monitors.

However, some monitors still look lot better than others. I've seen many and Acer's are not among the best in that respect.
    But I've never seen a high-refresh panel which looks as good in black level as standard-refresh one. I suspect that higher glow/bleed is a drawback of having faster response times. Ultimately, you will have to decide which is more important to you.

Price have little to do with it since monitor maker have to do compromises and different things worth differently for different customers. E.g. lot of customers think that level of bleed/glow is acceptable for having a high refresh rates.

Swapping to another monitor of same make/model may give slight improvement, but it won't be as significant as picking completely different model which has less glowy panel.

Answers

• RidingTheFlow
    RidingTheFlow Member Posts: 93 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited June 2018 Answer ✓
    Its unfortunately common with modern monitors.

However, some monitors still look lot better than others. I've seen many and Acer's are not among the best in that respect.
    But I've never seen a high-refresh panel which looks as good in black level as standard-refresh one. I suspect that higher glow/bleed is a drawback of having faster response times. Ultimately, you will have to decide which is more important to you.

Price have little to do with it since monitor maker have to do compromises and different things worth differently for different customers. E.g. lot of customers think that level of bleed/glow is acceptable for having a high refresh rates.

Swapping to another monitor of same make/model may give slight improvement, but it won't be as significant as picking completely different model which has less glowy panel.

• OGM3X
    OGM3X Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

So i ended up getting another monitor and this one is amazing ! I'm really enjoying the X34P !