Firmware updation

nitin1504
nitin1504 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hey guys I've recently bought acer A515 51G and got firmware update through windows update of V1.18 but then i reinstalled windows 10 and tried updating the firmware but the version it's showing me in device manager is V1.15 where as in bios it showed me firmware bios V1.18. What to do please help me i can't understand the case here.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>but then i reinstalled windows 10>>>
    (1) How did you re-install Win10? (2) Why did you re-install Win10? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nitin1504

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>>but then i reinstalled windows 10>>>
    (1) How did you re-install Win10? (2) Why did you re-install Win10? Jack E/NJ
    1.I formatted my system. (Clean installation of windows 10)
    2.I was using windows 10 home so i formatted it and installed windows 10 pro.
  • JackE
    (1) What problem did you have with Home Premium? (2) Did you also delete the hidden recovery partition?

The ACER v1.18 was released yesterday. If you are experiencing no issues other than Device Mgr/BIOS Info reporting descrepancies, disregard  it for now. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nitin1504

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    (1) What problem did you have with Home Premium? (2) Did you also delete the hidden recovery partition?

The ACER v1.18 was released yesterday. If you are experiencing no issues other than Device Mgr/BIOS Info reporting descrepancies, disregard  it for now. Jack E/NJ
    1) Just wanted to use pro as it do have more features like V sync and bashshell for linux and bitlocker that i needed so you can understand.......
    And the case is that you know we can go in the bios from pressing f2 at the time of boot and it showed me bios V 1.18 where in windows device manager it is showing something else (bios V1.15) that i can't understand why is it happening.
  • JackE
    Press the Winkey + R. Enter "msinfo32.exe" without the quotes. What BIOS version do you see? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nitin1504

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Press the Winkey + R. Enter "msinfo32.exe" without the quotes. What BIOS version do you see? Jack E/NJ
    I am seeing bios version 1.18.
  • JackE
    You obviously have 1.18. Can you post a screenshot of your Device Manager output? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ