Battery drain while gaming - Helios 300

geoscotton
geoscotton Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello
I have recently bought a Helios 300 and been using it a lot. However, one thing that I noticed is that, while playing (GTA V on high settings), the battery will start draining slowly even when I'm connected to power source. ANybody got thing like that? COuld this be due temperature (it stays around 70C or a little higher).

Best Answer

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Hello
    I have recently bought a Helios 300 and been using it a lot. However, one thing that I noticed is that, while playing (GTA V on high settings), the battery will start draining slowly even when I'm connected to power source. ANybody got thing like that? COuld this be due temperature (it stays around 70C or a little higher).

Laptop charger supplies only about 200W... pretty much the top limit for something supposed to be mobile. The internal components pull in more power than what the charger can supply when under full load, like playing heavy games. At such times it could use power from battery along with the power from charger... combining both into a hybrid power source. This battery drain wouldn't be too much though, atleast from what I observed, about 2-3% per 30 mins or so of game play.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045

Answers

• sri369
    Answer ✓
    Hello

Laptop charger supplies only about 200W... pretty much the top limit for something supposed to be mobile. The internal components pull in more power than what the charger can supply when under full load, like playing heavy games. At such times it could use power from battery along with the power from charger... combining both into a hybrid power source. This battery drain wouldn't be too much though, atleast from what I observed, about 2-3% per 30 mins or so of game play.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • vedang55
    vedang55 Member Posts: 21 Networker
    Hello

I have the same issue thanks to the minuscule 130 watt ac adapter acer provided me (product page had 180 watt mentioned)
  • sri369
    vedang55 said:
    I have the same issue thanks to the minuscule 130 watt ac adapter acer provided me (product page had 180 watt mentioned)
    130? Are you sure? My Asus ROG with i7 and 660M from 2012 had a 120W. So I am surprised how you got one with 130 only? 130 is generally considered a travel adapter, and not a full size.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • vedang55
    vedang55 Member Posts: 21 Networker
    sri369 said:
    vedang55 said:
    130? Are you sure? My Asus ROG with i7 and 660M from 2012 had a 120W. So I am surprised how you got one with 130 only? 130 is generally considered a travel adapter, and not a full size.
    Yes.

• sri369
    @vedang55 The one I received in the US is 19.5 volts @ 9.23 amps... totally approximately 180 watts.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------