Predator Helios 300 left port problem

helios
helios Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I just brought my predator helios 300 but I find out that the left port of the laptop is always functioning. This mean that when I use my wire mouse on it, when I shut down the laptop the light of the mouse still there. Can someone help me to figure it out? 

Answers

• geekromi
    geekromi Member Posts: 144 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited June 2018
    helios said:
    I just brought my predator helios 300 but I find out that the left port of the laptop is always functioning. This mean that when I use my wire mouse on it, when I shut down the laptop the light of the mouse still there. Can someone help me to figure it out? 
    If you are talking about the USB 3 port , on default it stays on even on sleep or shut off, but  there must be some option on settings/devices/usb, to disable the USB 3 when the computer is on sleep or off
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    helios 
    Some models has USB 3.0 featuring power-off USB Charger port. This USB port has a battery symbol and is located at the left side of the device next to USB Type-C port.
    Please check if your device has the Acer USB application.
    Also, Open Acer Quick Access software (if pre-installed in your system) and turn off the charge on USB option.  

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • geekromi
    geekromi Member Posts: 144 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited June 2018
    Yes , as Sharanji said, if You have Acer quick access installed , you have to put usb charging on sleep to OFF, as shown in the following screenshot, hope it helps (in the picture usb is ON)

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Enable the option below to suspend USB port activity when powered down.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045