Helios 300 G3-571, GTX 1060 Error Code 43

headgearhair
headgearhair Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
As stated in the title, my GTX 1060 is showing code 43 in the Device Manager. This happened after a BSoD detailing a nvlddmkm.sys error, allegedly relating to Intel Graphics. My theory, as it is now, is the GPU crashed and Windows disabled it, switching to Intel's graphics, but since I was playing Black Ops III at the time, wasn't able to handle it and caused the timeout, or it simply is some kind of driver issue. This is upsetting because I have a pseudo-faulty M key that works half the time, now this issue is causing me grief, and I bought this laptop less than 2 months ago. You'd think for putting in so much money it'd be of higher quality. Que sera sera.

Now, I've tried disabling the device and discharging it per suggestions from the Internet [1] [2] [3], however these attempts were fruitless and gave no result. Another suggestion was to use DDU (in Safe Mode) to uninstall the drivers, and then reinstall. After trying this 3 times with no avail, I stopped trying that.

It was recommended I update my BIOS, however I (believe I) am on the latest version, 1.13, and disabling any kind of optimization methods in my BIOS (there were none).

I have BIOS version 1.13, Windows version 1709, nVidia drivers version 391.35 (Without GeForce Experience). I really would like to avoid having to return this unit since it is my gaming AND work unit so I'd like to avoid the downtime if possible, which is why I've been hesitant to request Acer's assistance. Thank you!

Best Answers

• asad814
    asad814 Member Posts: 371 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    so what you are saying is that your laptop is not recognizing the nvidia graphics card even after installing the video drivers?????
  • headgearhair
    edited April 2018 Answer ✓
    asad814 said:
    so what you are saying is that your laptop is not recognizing the nvidia graphics card even after installing the video drivers?????
    I didn't mean to select an answer, now I guess it'll show it's solved and nobody will answer now, but it recognizes the device, it gives an error 43, as the big title says.

Answers

• asad814
    Answer ✓
  • headgearhair
    edited April 2018 Answer ✓
    asad814 said:
    I didn't mean to select an answer, now I guess it'll show it's solved and nobody will answer now, but it recognizes the device, it gives an error 43, as the big title says.
  • headgearhair
    I didn't mean to mark these as answers! Why can't I undo this, this should be an option by default on the site...
  • asad814
    ok no problem...you can do a complete windows reset ...give it a try and i hope this will fix the issue!!! have a nice day
  • Jo4k0
    Jo4k0 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, I have the exact same computer and problem than you. I also use it for work.
    So did you figure out how to fix it? I tried every same "solution" read on nvidia, acer, and microsoft support forums, as you did.
    Please let me know what did you do
  • asad814
    this error is hardware failure ...you should contact acer MB need to be changed
  • victorbayas
    victorbayas Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

I'm sorry to say this but error 43 means that your graphics card has died, you should sent it for warranty.
    PD: I hope it doesn't occurs on mine some day.