More of a Windows issue

sri369
sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I disabled game bar, all games related items, xbox related items, hints, tips and what not, and yet the below ones show up whenever I start any game. How do i disable the below banner?
Karma...
LIKE - if helpful
ACCEPT - if helped resolve
---------
Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited June 2018 Answer ✓
    sri369 

In Windows 10’s Creators Update, Game DVR and Game Bar settings have been moved to the main Settings application where they belong. To disable the Game Bar, head to Settings > Gaming > Game Bar. Set the “Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar” option here to “Off”.

You can also use a Registry file to Turn Off Game Bar
    Close the Xbox app if open. Run regedit to launch Registry Editor, and navigate to below-mentioned registry key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR
    Right-click on AppCaptureEnabled to set its value to 0. Value 1 enables it, while 0 is used to make it disable.
    Next, navigate to the following key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore
    Again Right-click on AppCaptureEnabled to set its value to 0. Value 1 enables it, while 0 is used to make it disable.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited June 2018 Answer ✓
    sri369 

In Windows 10’s Creators Update, Game DVR and Game Bar settings have been moved to the main Settings application where they belong. To disable the Game Bar, head to Settings > Gaming > Game Bar. Set the “Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar” option here to “Off”.

You can also use a Registry file to Turn Off Game Bar
    Close the Xbox app if open. Run regedit to launch Registry Editor, and navigate to below-mentioned registry key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR
    Right-click on AppCaptureEnabled to set its value to 0. Value 1 enables it, while 0 is used to make it disable.
    Next, navigate to the following key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore
    Again Right-click on AppCaptureEnabled to set its value to 0. Value 1 enables it, while 0 is used to make it disable.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited June 2018
    @Sharanji

Thank you, I thought I had disabled all; not sure why game bar was still on. Disabled that now, so hopefully it should take care of this not coming up again.

Weird part was broadcast was disabled already, but like in the screenshot, it should about broadcast.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045