Laptop no longer booting

Waddlesworth
Waddlesworth Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I've had this laptop for only 7 weeks, and last night it randomly shut down and hasn't been able to boot up since. Whenever i turn it on the keyboard lights up, the power indicator is on but the fans stop spinning after a second and the screen doesn't even turn on (nothing shows on my second monitor either). i tried resetting the battery which resulted in the same outcome, any ideas of what is wrong and any potential fixes? 

Best Answer

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Hmm, you could try leaving it off and charging overnight (if you haven't already).
    OR remove the ram sticks then reinsert them. 

Had you updated your BIOs? 
    - Hotel Hero

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    I've had this laptop for only 7 weeks, and last night it randomly shut down and hasn't been able to boot up since. Whenever i turn it on the keyboard lights up, the power indicator is on but the fans stop spinning after a second and the screen doesn't even turn on (nothing shows on my second monitor either). i tried resetting the battery which resulted in the same outcome, any ideas of what is wrong and any potential fixes? 
    There are many threads on this forum with pretty much the same issue, with a few solutions too. Give them a try and let us know if you still feel its not working.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Red-Sand
    There's a pin hole reset on the bottom of your laptop. 

With your laptop turned off and unplugged press and hold this pin hole button down for 40 solid seconds. 

Then turn on and let me know if it works.. 👌 
    - Hotel Hero
  • Waddlesworth
    Waddlesworth Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Red-Sand said:
    There's a pin hole reset on the bottom of your laptop. 

With your laptop turned off and unplugged press and hold this pin hole button down for 40 solid seconds. 

Then turn on and let me know if it works.. 👌 
    tried this but still getting the same problem sadly
  • Red-Sand
    Answer ✓
    Hmm, you could try leaving it off and charging overnight (if you haven't already).
    OR remove the ram sticks then reinsert them. 

Had you updated your BIOs? 
    - Hotel Hero
  • osmanre263
    osmanre263 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Yep. Probably need to replace your RAM