SSD harddrive warning

vespaX
vespaX Member Posts: 21 Networker
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
The Acer Care Center application gives me a warning that the SSD "need attention". When checking the suggestion what to do it's, recommendation is to safety copy all files to another harddrive.

I could do that but the real question is, could I somehow update firmware or do something ells before sending it to warranty repair?

According to Windows update all is updated and okay, also the the SSD unit driver are the latest. I have also tried to uninstall and reinstall drivers, but still... same problem.

I know that the 
attached pictures are in Swedish, but perhaps someone could see/compare with your own GUI and understand what your locking at. If not, my description is as described.   

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    vespaX 

Please backup your hard disk before making any changes and update the frimware at your own risk.
    This file contains a compressed  set of files. Download the file to a folder on your hard drive, and then run (double-click) it to unzip the set of files. Follow the instructions to complete the installation. Micron1100 Frimware Download
    Please keep the charger pluggedin and run the update from the SSD.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • vespaX
    Super thanks!

Before I start, just to be sure, all date is now safe on Bill Gates OneDrive. But my question, to make a backup is only a security measure if something goes wrong and the hdd dies?

/o...
  • vespaX
    Didn't work!

Next step?

/o...
  • Sharanji
    vespaX said:
    Super thanks!

Before I start, just to be sure, all date is now safe on Bill Gates OneDrive. But my question, to make a backup is only a security measure if something goes wrong and the hdd dies?
    Yes, Let's hope for the best!
  • vespaX
    This was the error message during the installations

• Sharanji
    vespaX said:
    Didn't work!

Next step?

/o...
    Please contact Acer support in your region and check for further options to resolve this issue.
    Acer Sewden : https://www.acer.com/ac/sv/SE/content/service-contact
    Acer worldwide : http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • iHiker
    iHiker Member Posts: 1 New User
    Having this same issue and Acer Customer support is suggesting a backup and then a reset of the Spin 5. Will report at a later date after I have the time to do this. This device is less than a month old. Might just return it to Costco...