Windows version 1803 update problems

Flame
Flame Member Posts: 69 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Sorry if this topic is not for this forum but  i just install this update  version 1803 windows 10 x64 on predator helios 300  PH317-51 and i have VERY annoying problem that i did not have before .  When i close an open window of any  app, like Chrome, Steam , KM player etc... It takes  several sec to close it , the window remain dim, transparent for 3-4 sec and then close. Does someone else have similar problem and know solution? Please help. Thank you!

Best Answers

Answers

• Flame
    I reinstall the intel graphic drivers, still same problem. 
  • Flame
    When i uninstall Nvidia drivers problem was gone and when i install them again the problem come back.
  • Flame
    Answer ✓

I found the solution : 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4091364/windows-10-fix-blurry-apps

I put it on ON  and now all is ok.

• Flame
    This is funny and sad in same time. After 4-5 reboots and a shut down the problem return...F me...
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi Flame,

Sorry to hear this, please follow the steps on the following article https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/54907/related/1 and refer to Fix Windows Update issues.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • Flame
    The problem persist only when i have any Nvidia driver installed... and i can't use this computer without nvidia Graphic card
  • asad814
    asad814 Member Posts: 371 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    you can restore your windows to previous version...see if this helps
  • Flame
    plus i try everything from microsoft list. Nearly all did not work , got the msg that this tool is not supported  for my version of PC... all of them are for 1709 build. I hope they will fix it somehow... 11 days has passed now..
  • Flame
    asad814 said:
    you can restore your windows to previous version...see if this helps
    I clean my C partition , there is no old windows installation... i don't even have the option to roll back to  old version.
  • DosWasBest
    DosWasBest Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Also keep in mind that if your C drive is an intel ssdKpekkw256G7 (which is in my g3-572), it will crash with 1803 in all sorts of different manners.  That info just came out in the past hours.
  • Flame
    Also keep in mind that if your C drive is an intel ssdKpekkw256G7 (which is in my g3-572), it will crash with 1803 in all sorts of different manners.  That info just came out in the past hours.
    yeah i have sane ssd... luckily did not have any prob with it ... for now... serious this update F. up many things... and still no fixes.
  • Flame
    Somehow I try to do something  and for now it is working . I delete right click  shortcuts for nvidia and intel ( took instruction from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZn7qOMQzFg )  and the ,,vision bug " is gone. For now.
  • Flame
    yeah   was gone for 4 h ... now it is back...
  • Flame
    just did a clean reinstall of windows on erased ssd... same visual bug problem...
  • Lydie
    Lydie Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited June 2018
    Hello Everyone,
     I bought my acer predator helios 300 PH315-51  (17 inches) on May 16th 2018, and I had so many problems,  and since updated I have a multicolored screen just like Tv when not working out that occur very quicly and disepares,but that is just sometimes,  predator sense is not working anymore, they told me that predator sense is not working with the new update of Windows 10 ( 1803) so my question is, does predator sense working on your predator helios 300 PH315-51? The technician  told me not to install it!  also my key Fn+F3 is not working anymore, same with the Fn + the players keys, some software not working anymore just like predator sense,  also something that has nothing to do with the upadate, does some of you encounter speaker issue like crazy nosie by moment using a software or no software at all,  oh and also how long does battery last when using your computer, because my battery last only between 2 to 3 hours when using it! What about your? Thanks
  • Flame
    Lydie said:
    Hello Everyone,
     I bought my acer predator helios 300 PH315-51  (17 inches) on May 16th 2018, and I had so many problems,  and since updated I have a multicolored screen just like Tv when not working out that occur very quicly and disepares,but that is just sometimes,  predator sense is not working anymore, they told me that predator sense is not working with the new update of Windows 10 ( 1803) so my question is, does predator sense working on your predator helios 300 PH315-51? The technician  told me not to install it!  also my key Fn+F3 is not working anymore, same with the Fn + the players keys, some software not working anymore just like predator sense,  also something that has nothing to do with the upadate, does some of you encounter speaker issue like crazy nosie by moment using a software or no software at all,  oh and also how long does battery last when using your computer, because my battery last only between 2 to 3 hours when using it! What about your? Thanks
    Hey. Everything you said there is NOT ok or normal for your computer. You must bring it to them to see it abd maybe change some coponents. The well known problem is the incompatibility windows 1803 with intel ssd inside helios 300, i reinstall windows on second ssd.  And about the batery same here 2,3 h depends on usage . When gaming 1 h max.
  • Lydie
    I already bring them, they did everything they could and told me that with Windows updates some software like predator sense won't work anymore, on monday they will try to fix me the keys that doesn't work, but does predator sense work for you? 
  • Lydie
    About the second ssd that you add and installed windows on, what problem did it resolve for you? Because I can add another ssd if I want or just change the normal hardvrive into a ssd as well…..oh and your fn+F3 keys work and Fn+players keys, does it work normal for you?
  • Flame
    My laptop  got blue screens on batery, some programs took ages to open. No ,afrer they change my motherboard I can't install predator sense after. And my lap top was with linux when i bought it.
  • chic
    chic Member Posts: 1 New User
    my helios 300 got really slow and the video no longer working after the windows 10 april upgradei,if i click the right click mouse on desktop it takes for ever