Predator 15 G9-593-735L can't get into the bios and reset to the factory settings

Henry4610
Henry4610 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi, community,

I am a computer rookie and I bought a Predator 15 G9-593-735L last month. Then I changed the Windows 10 Home to the Windows 2016 LTSB OS and everything went OK. Today I just wanted to reset the laptop to the factory settings but I found I couldn't. After I reinstalled the OS, I could only reset to the LTSB OS, not the original Windows Home version. And even worse, I couldn't get into the BIOS with F2. So can you please help me with these problems? 

Sorry for my poor English. Thank you very much in advance!

Best Answer

• Queen6
    Queen6 Member Posts: 319 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited May 2018 Answer ✓
    Some of the Predator notebooks use a specific version of Windows 10 modified by Acer, if you did not create a recovery drive from the original install you may have to pay Acer for a recovery USB drive.  As to why you are unable to access BIOS I am unsure, equally there's not much in the way of settings certainly nothing that's going to reinstall the original OS shipped with the notebook.

Try clicking the Start Menu, then the Power icon, then hold Shift, click on restart. This should take you into a blue menu from there select Troubleshoot, then click Advanced Options, Select UEFI Firmware Settings and select Restart.  I would try to locate another notebook of the same model and create a recovery drive from it, then recover you notebook from the Recovery Drive.

As ever one should always create a recovery drive as soon as possible and backup the system frequently (Windows 7 system image remains to work without issue) I know in your situation this may come across as harsh, equally it may save someone else the problem.

Q-6

Answers

• Queen6
    Queen6 Member Posts: 319 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited May 2018 Answer ✓
    Some of the Predator notebooks use a specific version of Windows 10 modified by Acer, if you did not create a recovery drive from the original install you may have to pay Acer for a recovery USB drive.  As to why you are unable to access BIOS I am unsure, equally there's not much in the way of settings certainly nothing that's going to reinstall the original OS shipped with the notebook.

Try clicking the Start Menu, then the Power icon, then hold Shift, click on restart. This should take you into a blue menu from there select Troubleshoot, then click Advanced Options, Select UEFI Firmware Settings and select Restart.  I would try to locate another notebook of the same model and create a recovery drive from it, then recover you notebook from the Recovery Drive.

As ever one should always create a recovery drive as soon as possible and backup the system frequently (Windows 7 system image remains to work without issue) I know in your situation this may come across as harsh, equally it may save someone else the problem.

Q-6
  • Henry4610
    Henry4610 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Queen6 said:

Q-6
    Thanks for your help, Queen6. Maybe I have to ask the Acer tech support to deal with it.