NFC on W510?

skyledavis
skyledavis Member Posts: 1 New User

I noticed a label on the back of my Iconia W510 that says NFC. I haven't seen anything in any of the promotions about NFC on the W510. Does the W510 have NFC, and do I need to do anything to "set it up," etc.? More asking for future reference than anything. I don't have an NFC phone right now.

Answers

• nicholsonma
    nicholsonma Member Posts: 10 New User

If you swipe in the Charms and select PC settings and go to Wireless you'll see option to turn on NFC (as well as Bluetooth).  Not sure what you can do with it at this point but the system has it.

• geekzedge
    geekzedge Member Posts: 1 New User

I have been testing out NFC on my Motorola RAZR i and am able to beam a few things, mostly via a web link (i.e. a URL to a webpage opens a browser with that webpage, when in Facebook, it the Iconia launches the Play Store as if to download the facebook application).

It really depends on the source and destination of NFC.  Seems to work better between like devices both running Androd Beam or Samsun's S Beam.  Here's an informative article about NFC beaming.

http://mostly-tech.com/2012/10/08/what-samsung-google-dont-tell-you-about-beaming/

GE

This discussion has been closed.