Acer Nitro 5 An515-42 release date

Answers

• TheRFSpark
    TheRFSpark Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
    edited May 2018
    *** why... They had one job.

Edited by: Acer-David - Reason: Profanity.
  • intok
    intok Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Then Acer won't be seeing any of my money.
  • intok

Tinkerer

Then Acer won't be seeing any of my money, I'll just see what Asus has to offer and might even bite on the ROG Strix GL702ZC even if it means waiting another paycheck or 3.
  • RogueArwen
    RogueArwen Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thats *****. Otherwise they wouldnt write: available in North America and EMEA in April
    When I mentioned that to him he said that was the Nitro 5 in general, that the next line under available in North America says "Exact specifications, prices, and availability may vary by region." I called on the phone and spoke to someone there also and they basically said the same thing. "We have no information on the Ryzen processors being available in this laptop in the US" 
    Really stinks because I am looking to buy a Ryzen laptop and need to have it in the next 10 weeks or so. I've been holding out waiting for this one to come out but I guess it's sounding like I need to look elsewhere. I really need one with a full number pad included so that limits my options.
  • intok

Tinkerer

edited May 2018
    Thats *****. Otherwise they wouldnt write: available in North America and EMEA in April
    When I mentioned that to him he said that was the Nitro 5 in general, that the next line under available in North America says "Exact specifications, prices, and availability may vary by region." I called on the phone and spoke to someone there also and they basically said the same thing. "We have no information on the Ryzen processors being available in this laptop in the US" 
    Really stinks because I am looking to buy a Ryzen laptop and need to have it in the next 10 weeks or so. I've been holding out waiting for this one to come out but I guess it's sounding like I need to look elsewhere. I really need one with a full number pad included so that limits my options.
    They say that there will be a Ryzen 2700U version on the ***** US page: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/series-features/nitro5
    XXX Acer, why post it on the US part of your site then say it won't be released here? And what is the reasoning not to? Not like putting an english keyboard on it is hard, especially since you already have them made and sitting on the shelf in your factory.
  • Jimster480
    Jimster480 Member Posts: 93 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Yep so they didn't announce it at all, instead they announced more Intel garbage in their lineup....
    Intel still keeps a strong hold on all these vendors to make sure they keep slinging their garbage everywhere.
  • intok

Tinkerer

Yep so they didn't announce it at all, instead they announced more Intel garbage in their lineup....
    Intel still keeps a strong hold on all these vendors to make sure they keep slinging their garbage everywhere.
    Yep, and with all of the Intel only CPU security bugs you would be insane to buy anything Intel, especially since each security patch for these CPU level exploits that stem from Intel not properly implementing sanity checks in their chip designs for speed result in the CPU running slower in more and more workloads. But of course the reviewers will be paid to run their benchmarks without any of the required security patches to make the Intel chips not look as slow as they really are.
  • Jimster480
    intok said:
    Yep, and with all of the Intel only CPU security bugs you would be insane to buy anything Intel, especially since each security patch for these CPU level exploits that stem from Intel not properly implementing sanity checks in their chip designs for speed result in the CPU running slower in more and more workloads. But of course the reviewers will be paid to run their benchmarks without any of the required security patches to make the Intel chips not look as slow as they really are.
    Thats exactly what I thought. Who really wants to deal with those issues...

• juli081998
    juli081998 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Im done with Acer for now. Im going to buy the Asus TUF 504. Acer doesnt deserves my money!
  • Jimster480
    Im done with Acer for now. Im going to buy the Asus TUF 504. Acer doesnt deserves my money!
    Sadly thats an Intel / Nvidia machine anyway... Acer sells tons of that ***** too...
  • RogueArwen
    RogueArwen Member Posts: 4 New User
    Yeah, but again, at the bottom of this you can see the models available and all they are showing is a single model with an I7 in it for $2k. They will put AMD Ryzen 7 on the page to make us hopeful, but when it comes to actually making a machine with it in it, we'll be holding our breath again.
  • Jimster480
    Yeah, but again, at the bottom of this you can see the models available and all they are showing is a single model with an I7 in it for $2k. They will put AMD Ryzen 7 on the page to make us hopeful, but when it comes to actually making a machine with it in it, we'll be holding our breath again.
    I don't doubt it. There is actually another ryzen mobile coming out based on the Zen+ now.
  • Jimster480
    Answer ✓
  • islandweller
    islandweller Member Posts: 1 New User
    But that's still the Ryzen 5? Where's the Ryzen 7?
  • Red_Sun
    Red_Sun Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited July 2018
    But that's still the Ryzen 5? Where's the Ryzen 7?
    Here:

The difference is negligable.

I, too, had the same thought. However, a 200 mhz difference in CPUs is a valid trade considering the larger difference in GPU..
    Nitro: 

Aspire:

Also, bestbuy's specs CPU specs are cryptic at best. They state 6 and 8 cores respectively. Have also ordered Nitro. Will report accordingly.
  • Jimster480
    Well I have received the laptop and benchmarked it some....
    Its 8GB Single channel 17 timings CAS 17 has 1G memory dedicated for Vega GPU and 250GB Hitachi Sata SSD.
    No options in BIOS to change clocks at all, ryzen master doesn't seem to work either.
    Over all the laptop is fast and doesn't get hot.
    I got a 637 in Cinebench R15 and 131 in single thread.

I can upload more scores for you guys

avg 47FPS in uniengine valley and heaven 1080p high.

Under cinebench max load it only reaches 58C on the CPU. average around 2900mhz speed.

• Jimster480
    Update:
    Got 640 Multicore and 143 Single core after I closed everything else running lol
  • dclanz
    dclanz Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Sweet! Ran any games yet?
    If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
    Be sure to check out my Acer An515-42 Clean Install Guide.