why is acer nitro 5 shutting down unexpectedly on battery?

avinash07101999
avinash07101999 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
i bought this laptop 4 days ago,since that day it's shutting down UNEXPECTEDLY on the battery..the thing is battery's not even drained..it is always more than 45%,NO OVERHEATING PROBLEMS AS I ONLY SURF THE INTERNET.when connected to adapter it works fine,so for the past two days i have connected it to charger and then used it,COULDN'T USE IT LIKE THIS FOREVER.
PLZ HELP.

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,475 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    If you can find no battery reset pinhole on the bottom --- and it never shuts down when plugged in --- return the system to the vendor ASAP for an exchange. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• avinash07101999

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    There is a battery reset pinhole,should i replace it even now?

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    You can try to reset it. Just push & hold a paper clip into the hole for about 10 seconds. Then let the system rest for about a half hour. Then see if it still shuts down unexpectedly on the battery. If it still happens, then yes replace it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    If you can find no battery reset pinhole on the bottom --- and it never shuts down when plugged in --- return the system to the vendor ASAP for an exchange. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• avinash07101999

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    There is a battery reset pinhole,should i replace it even now?

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    You can try to reset it. Just push & hold a paper clip into the hole for about 10 seconds. Then let the system rest for about a half hour. Then see if it still shuts down unexpectedly on the battery. If it still happens, then yes replace it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ