Does formatting windows affect warranty?

reddeimon
reddeimon Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I recently bought an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51, it is installed with Windows Home Single Language. This version of Windows has few limitations that compromises my work and i dunno what the seller had done but the Windows is so broken i can not watch Youtube. I want to format the laptop with Windows Professional but i am afraid this will affect the warranty. What should i do?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    reddeimon 
    As per Acer, you are free to install any operating system you choose, however, Acer can only provide support on the pre-installed Operating Systems. If you change the Operating System, Acer cannot support the installation, and may not be able to provide all drivers for the hardware in the new Operating System.

If your computer was eligible for an Operating System upgrade or downgrade through an Acer upgrade or downgrade promotion, these Operating Systems will be supported as well, provided the upgrade or downgrade was done by using Acer upgrade or downgrade media.
    Damage to the recovery option of the software, following installation of another operating system, is not covered under warranty.

In case you need a different Operating System to fulfill specific tasks, you could consider using virtualisation software such as VirtualBox or VirtualPC. These will allow you to install an operating system inside the preloaded operating system. This way, the original operating system stays available.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!