My acer Nitro 5 shutting off and won't open without being also say plugged in but not charging

Mcnock
Mcnock Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I bought this laptop last year in November, but just last april it started to suddenly shut off I don't know what happened at first I thought it was just dead bat but it keeps shutting off at random and now it suddenly shuts off and won't turn back on without being plugged in however when I plugged in I noticed it says "plugged in but not charging". I tried resetting the power but it only lasted about a day and not it shuts off and won't turn on again. Help!

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    edited May 2018
    Hi,
    You may be in need of a new battery, as you are within the warranty period, contact Acer Support centre and explain your situation, they may be able to put a new battery for you or diagnose the fault and fix it for you.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
  • Mcnock

Tinkerer

edited May 2018
    aww, really? my problem is that I bought it in a different country, but there is an Acer support in my country.  also before it just shuts off but still turns on. It was just yesterday when it shuts off and won't turn on unless it's AC adapter is plugged in. Also I check with acer care center(?) it says the battery is good. Is there any other way?brummyfan2 said:
    Hi,
    You may be in need of a new battery, as you are within the warranty period, contact Acer Support centre and explain your situation, they may be able to put a new battery for you or diagnose the fault and fix it for you.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

• brummyfan2
    Hi,
    You could try reinstalling Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control method battery driver, go to Device manager, expand Batteries, highlight and right click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control method battery, select Properties and go to Driver tab, uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.

• Mcnock

Tinkerer

Hi,
    You could try reinstalling Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control method battery driver, go to Device manager, expand Batteries, highlight and right click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control method battery, select Properties and go to Driver tab, uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.

okay I'm gonna try that does reboot means restarting the laptop? sorry not sure of this kinds of terms

• Mcnock

Tinkerer

@brummyfan2
    btw will I damage anything if ever I use my laptop plugged in? I really need it in my studies and all my works are there
  • brummyfan2
    Yes, that's correct, rebooting is same as  restarting, it's better to get it checked by a Technician as soon as possible.
  • Mcnock

Tinkerer

edited May 2018
    @brummyfan2
    okay I tried it now it's still okay I'll let you know if something like shutting down again happens. I've noticed that this is somehow an issue in other Nitro 5. or other laptop so I'm also trying other options like tightening the screws but I never opened the back though. hope this works
  • Mcnock

Tinkerer

@brummyfan2
    help! it came back. so at first my laptop already got low on battery then I start charging it normal nothing bad happened but when it was already almost full like 97% it says plugged in but not charging. what can I do?

• Mcnock

Tinkerer

@brummyfan2
    I also noticed that the side light near charger input is blinking
  • brummyfan2
    Hi,
    You are within the warranty period, so it's better to send it for a service before it's too late, if you don't want to send it for a service, take it to an Acer authorised repair shop near you but may have to pay for the service.