I'm unable to download windows 1803 creator's edition update. The download is stuck at 100% .

Yadav
Yadav Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
The download is stuck at 100% and the update keeps fetching data even after 100%. Is there a problem with the update? PLs help.

Best Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Yes, sometimes it takes longer depending on the server congestion, so it's normal and you don't have to do anything, it took more than 3 hrs in one of my laptops. 
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    I don't think so, just leave the update process to continue, you carry on doing your work as normal, once it completed when you click the Power button to start the laptop, it will prompt you to restart.
  • DosWasBest
    DosWasBest Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    If your C drive is an intel ssdpekkw256g7 in your Predator laptop, 1803 will indeed act like its downloading but will stop at some point... and will not install even if it does complete download.

Why?

Because of the now-well-known issue over the past week where 1803 is incompatible with Intel 600 series drives... which cause complete freezes/lockouts/crashes  (when 1803 was available for these systems a week or so ago).

Ms now blocks 1803 from completing download and/or installing once it senses the presence of the ssdpekkw256g7 drive.

Ms and Intel are working on a fix for the situation.

Hope that helps.  Of course if your C drive is something else (other than affected Intel and Toshiba ssds), your issue may just be (as others mentioned) a slow download.

On my Predator, 1803 now shows perpetually "downloading" and "we found errors"... which is what I expect as I understand MS is keeping 1803 off my system for a reason.

1709 works fine.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Yes, sometimes it takes longer depending on the server congestion, so it's normal and you don't have to do anything, it took more than 3 hrs in one of my laptops. 
  • Yadav
    Yadav Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

The problem is that I've to login into the network after each gb data is used, is this causing the problem?
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    I don't think so, just leave the update process to continue, you carry on doing your work as normal, once it completed when you click the Power button to start the laptop, it will prompt you to restart.
  • DosWasBest
    DosWasBest Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    If your C drive is an intel ssdpekkw256g7 in your Predator laptop, 1803 will indeed act like its downloading but will stop at some point... and will not install even if it does complete download.

Why?

Because of the now-well-known issue over the past week where 1803 is incompatible with Intel 600 series drives... which cause complete freezes/lockouts/crashes  (when 1803 was available for these systems a week or so ago).

Ms now blocks 1803 from completing download and/or installing once it senses the presence of the ssdpekkw256g7 drive.

Ms and Intel are working on a fix for the situation.

Hope that helps.  Of course if your C drive is something else (other than affected Intel and Toshiba ssds), your issue may just be (as others mentioned) a slow download.

On my Predator, 1803 now shows perpetually "downloading" and "we found errors"... which is what I expect as I understand MS is keeping 1803 off my system for a reason.

1709 works fine.