laptop won't turn on

xHELPMEx
xHELPMEx Member Posts: 1 New User
OKAY, So first of all, IDK if i'm in the proper category but anyways

I have an Acer Aspire One Series KAV60 laptop (which I hadn't turned on in a few months) and well today I tried turning it on, but it wouldn't turn on at all. Even with the charger and battery plugged in. The light to suggest it's charging wouldn't even turn on either. I was wondering if anyone knows why this is happening and what I can do to resolve my problem??? Is the laptop dead for good? 

Answers

• Aanand
    Aanand Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Hi, Try the Following Steps below

If it's a non-removable battery - Disconnect the Charger and Make sure Computer is Not Connected to any Power Source and Flip the Laptop (Turn the Laptop Upside Down), on the bottom you can find a small battery icon and next to that you can find a small pin hole. Insert a paper clip on the battery reset pin hole and hold it for 30 seconds and connect the charger and Turn ON the computer.

If it's a Removable Battery - Disconnect the Charger and Make sure Computer is Not Connected to any Power Source and then Remove the Battery and press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds. After doing this Connect the charger and Turn ON the Computer.

Check if the Charger is Cold or Worm, if the Charger is Cold try with another Identical Charger.
  • Aniket21
    Aniket21 Member Posts: 1 New User
    My laptop is not opening but still power on 
    I also tried to reset the battery by small pin hole at the back side of laptop .
    Please tell me another option to solve this problem 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Aniket21,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.