Acer Nitro 5 An515-42 release date

Answers

• TheRFSpark
    TheRFSpark Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
    Does anyone know if the 560 in and the Vega 10 will work at the same time? I'm also guessing this is when AMDs radeon chill will be handy.
  • dclanz
    dclanz Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Does anyone know if the 560 in and the Vega 10 will work at the same time? I'm also guessing this is when AMDs radeon chill will be handy.
    I'm not certain, but it's now May and we haven't heard or seen anything about the An515-42's release date or availability. I'm beginning to wonder if it will hit select markets at a much later time or be released at all.
    If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
    Be sure to check out my Acer An515-42 Clean Install Guide.
  • TheRFSpark
    dclanz said:
    I'm not certain, but it's now May and we haven't heard or seen anything about the An515-42's release date or availability. I'm beginning to wonder if it will hit select markets at a much later time or be released at all.
    It makes you wonder why companies even give you release dates or even updates at all.. 
  • khizar
    khizar Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

khizar said:
    Any news anyone?
    As a matter of fact, yes:
    The AN515-52 (i5+Nvidia variant) which was announced WAY after the AMD variant is already available on Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Nitro-AN515-i5-8300H-NVIDIA/dp/B07C6WYLQB/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1524591791&sr=8-9&keywords=an515-52
    And as per https://www.notebookcheck.net/Where-are-all-the-Kaby-Lake-G-laptops-Nvidia-s-GeForce-Partner-Program-may-be-to-blame.300748.0.html it seems that Acer is working with Nvidia on the GeForce Partner Program. They also didn't get back to me when I asked them when the AN515-42 will be coming out.
    So, my take on this? I GUESS it's not coming out. Screw Nvidia. I'm only waiting until the start of May if it comes out. Otherwise I'm switching over to Dell to get my Ryzen.

I guess there's your answer. The GPP. And remember, according to an article (I've read one and can't recall which but do a Google search) companies had silently started taking down AMD products that were related to a gaming brand.
    Anyways, https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2018/05/04/gpp/ states that they're killing GPP. But I guess it's going to take an eternity to re-plan the AN515-42 and even if it does get released, I'm not interested in Acer anymore.They just lost a customer by not respecting people who buy from them. Just waiting for my Asus GL702ZC now. I'm done with these guys.
  • dclanz
    You know, I've seen Ryzen paired in some weird configurations (see the Dell 13" 2 in 1 with bad battery life) and I was holding out hoping I'd see a decent config but the silence is deafening especially from Acer. I do hope the An515-42 is released some day but for now, the search continues. Thanks all for your input, comments and suggestions. :)
    If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
  • TheRFSpark
    khizar said:
    khizar said:
    Any news anyone?
    As a matter of fact, yes:
    The AN515-52 (i5+Nvidia variant) which was announced WAY after the AMD variant is already available on Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Nitro-AN515-i5-8300H-NVIDIA/dp/B07C6WYLQB/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1524591791&sr=8-9&keywords=an515-52
    And as per https://www.notebookcheck.net/Where-are-all-the-Kaby-Lake-G-laptops-Nvidia-s-GeForce-Partner-Program-may-be-to-blame.300748.0.html it seems that Acer is working with Nvidia on the GeForce Partner Program. They also didn't get back to me when I asked them when the AN515-42 will be coming out.
    So, my take on this? I GUESS it's not coming out. Screw Nvidia. I'm only waiting until the start of May if it comes out. Otherwise I'm switching over to Dell to get my Ryzen.

I guess there's your answer. The GPP. And remember, according to an article (I've read one and can't recall which but do a Google search) companies had silently started taking down AMD products that were related to a gaming brand.
    Anyways, https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2018/05/04/gpp/ states that they're killing GPP. But I guess it's going to take an eternity to re-plan the AN515-42 and even if it does get released, I'm not interested in Acer anymore.They just lost a customer by not respecting people who buy from them. Just waiting for my Asus GL702ZC now. I'm done with these guys.
    The GPP was something nvidia should have been sued for. Nvidia needs a lesson to be learned from like intel.
  • dclanz
    edited May 2018
    Update: I now see this https://www.acer.com/ac/en/MY/content/model/NH.Q3RSM.001 It was launched in Malaysia but that memory....4GB? Wow, why cripple such a decent system?
  • TheRFSpark
    They just need to release it and have the 2700U in it..
  • todd6947
    todd6947 Member Posts: 1 New User
    The current nitro spin only has 8GB of system ram soldered directly to the board.

----------------------
    Patent Attorney

• Jimster480
    Jimster480 Member Posts: 93 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Talking to the chat, they still have no idea when this will be released :/
    I was really hoping that this would be out already in April but now I am only hoping for maybe a release on the 23rd at the Acer conference?
  • TheRFSpark
    Is anyone else making this combo with ryzen plus vega and polais?
  • Jimster480
    Is anyone else making this combo with ryzen plus vega and polais?
    Nope or I would have already bought it.
    Hell I would be good with just a good R5 with onboard vega.
    But there aren't any good laptops with any Ryzen chip.
    The HP has a horrible screen and so-so build quality, the Dell's are super overpriced with old chassis, poor batteries and screens and mechanical HDD's.
    The Acer Swift has a poor screen aswell and soldered ram and a budget SSD... and the Lenovo has single channel soldered ram and a lower cTDP...

The nitro is all that more special since its going to be the only version that has the chip running upto its capabilities (hopefully).
  • TheRFSpark
    I want be able to customize it hopefully.. But it also needs to be a decent price.
  • Jimster480
    ^ this seems to be updated now talking about Intel or Ryzen 7?
    So maybe it seems like we will get a Ryzen 7 version of the Nitro 5? That's even better!

• TheRFSpark
    So maybe it seems like we will get a Ryzen 7 version of the Nitro 5? That's even better!

If I'm gonna buy it I went the apu to be amd and gpu to be amd.. I don't like the other companies personally. 
  • Jimster480

If I'm gonna buy it I went the apu to be amd and gpu to be amd.. I don't like the other companies personally. 
    You are missing the point.
    They updated the page to now include Ryzen, because they already have Intel Nitro versions....
    But it also says Ryzen 7 when the original Nitro 5 that was shown was with Ryzen 5.
  • TheRFSpark

You are missing the point.
    They updated the page to now include Ryzen, because they already have Intel Nitro versions....
    But it also says Ryzen 7 when the original Nitro 5 that was shown was with Ryzen 5.
    Well we are getting there kinda..
  • juli081998
    juli081998 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I guess if they miss launching it today @ Acer Global Press Conference they will never launch the Ryzen Nitro 5 and go on to Intel i+ notebooks.
  • RogueArwen
    RogueArwen Member Posts: 4 New User
    The person I just spoke with in chat said that this model hasn't even been confirmed to be released in the US. That it is a southern asia release... 
  • juli081998
    juli081998 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Thats *****. Otherwise they wouldnt write: available in North America and EMEA in April