XB321HK Weird Artifact

Answers

• adamlreed93
    adamlreed93 Member Posts: 61 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Mir0v said:
    Hello

I'm new here! 
    I would like to know if there is any update for this issue?

NOPE get a refund
  • Mir0v
    Mir0v Member Posts: 3 New User
    That is really a shame that a company is cannot or want to fix that problem for 
    such a great monitor!
  • Mir0v
    Mir0v Member Posts: 3 New User
    Acer at least try to fix this problem to save your reputation!

• adamlreed93
    I should've researched this monitor BEFORE I bought it, youtube has videos showing this problem. As I just posted mine and I hope it stops people from buying this monitor. I will probably be ban from this forum shortly 
  • RidingTheFlow
    RidingTheFlow Member Posts: 93 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited May 2018
    Sadly I don't think Acer cares about fostering long-term customers (like "respectable"/"enterprise" brands).
    Instead, they sustain their business by continuous influx of new clueless customers, lured by flashy "ultra-modern gaming feature" lists and pet cohort of "famous reviewers" (who I suspect getting carefully cherry-picked "review samples", free of any problems). After they've got customer money - they just string them around maintaining impression that they "care" and "trying to fix the problem" while infact just wasting their time hoping they will eventually frustrate and give up. Proof? This very forum, full of similar threads for different models of monitors, laptops, etc.
    Prove me wrong Acer.

• adamlreed93
    Sadly I don't think Acer cares about fostering long-term customers (like "respectable"/"enterprise" brands).
    Instead, they sustain their business by continuous influx of new clueless customers, lured by flashy "ultra-modern gaming feature" lists and pet cohort of "famous reviewers" (who I suspect getting carefully cherry-picked "samples", free of any problems). After they've got customer money - they just string them around maintaining impression that they "care" and "trying to fix the problem" while infact just wasting their time hoping they will eventually frustrate and give up. Proof? This very forum, full of similar threads.
    Prove me wrong Acer.

Well said, I have wasted so much time & money on this monitor. Im waiting for a call back on what they are going to offer me after I received a replacement monitor "retail box" with the same issue. 
  • MrDonkey
    MrDonkey Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I own XB271HK with similar problem. I've posted my experience on other page of this forum related to 27' model. As this topic is more active, I decided to copy-past it here.
    MrDonkey said:
    Hello everyone, 
    I recently send my unit for RMA in EU region. They replaced LCD panel and send it back with a note that it passed their extensive testing.
    Unfortunately the problem wasn't resolved and this flickering still occurs.
    I actually own 2 of Acer Predator displays (XB271HK and XB271HU(1440p@144Hz version)) and both of them have different kind of problems.
    XB271HK is flickering and XB271HU has overlapping line (at least this doesn't show up when I oc the monitor to 165Hz).
    I was planning to change my 1440p monitor to new upcoming 4k@144Hz display but at this point I'm greatly disappointed in Acer service and company. 
    For me, they have 100% failure rate. So I would strongly discourage anyone who wants to buy an Acer product.
    I would also recommend you DO NOT BUY any monitor based on AU Optronics panel. They are very poor quality with a lot of different issues.
    I guess the best option is to wait until other manufacturers catch up and buy their product (based on LG or Samsung panel).
    If you want to buy Acer/Asus gaming monitor be prepared to pay premium price for below average quality and different unexpected problems in near future.
    I would expect that G-Sync monitors are a high end and NVIDIA would enforce some minimum quality control in these panels. As you can see this is not the case.
  • RidingTheFlow
    edited May 2018
    MrDonkey said:
    I would also recommend you DO NOT BUY any monitor based on AU Optronics panel. They are very poor quality with a lot of different issues.
    Yes, I have come to same conclusions.
    What I found that AUO panels have best response times (hence most used in "Gaming" monitors to lure people with super-fast refresh numbers). However, they achieve fast responses by lowering light blocking density - hence lower contrast and universally very visible light bleed issues. 

No professional/high end business monitor uses AUO panel. At least not ones actually recognised by businesses I work with, since Acer also tries to make "pro monitor" just by slapping fancy label on it and maybe wider gamut backlight - but no sane professional/company will touch these.

G-sync is also a gimmick and poorly tested feature. There seem to be quite a lot of issues with NVidia-made G-Sync scalers - and you've bound just to be bounced around between monitor maker and NVidia, each blaming other on issues. NVidia can't care less about G-Sync issues - they are not even paid by users directly and got all that money from makers already.
    I found that Adaptive sync with standard refresh works no much worse and free of issues (no need to pay a extra hundred to NVidia for it, too).
  • RidingTheFlow
    @Acer-Manny, I hope your lack of response does not mean that we will now have to wait another couple of months until a new forum rep shows up?

Please give an update - do you still recommend sending monitor in for repairs? Specifically considering above user tried it and it was not fixed.

I have purchased my monitor through Amazon, so I will have a resolution one way or another - if the defect will not be resolved in satisfactory timespan and manner, Amazon will step in and deduct refund from Acer directly (and Acer will have a vendor strike). I hope you would like to avoid escalating to this.

• adamlreed93
    I feel there is NO fix as I have documented in above posts, Just go through Amazon , I would if I could
  • RidingTheFlow
    I feel there is NO fix as I have documented in above posts, Just go through Amazon , I would if I could
    Well, the repair will be booked through Amazon anyway, and I will do it before my warranty runs out - so stalling for time is useless (I know when it ends).
    But I am still being reasonable - I there is *improved/real* fix in the works am I willing to wait a bit and avoid unnecessary fuss - after all all I need is problem resolved, and not trying to be difficult here for the sake of it. However Acer needs at the very least to properly communicate.

• RidingTheFlow
    BTW, this should give you rough idea on amount of returns for this monitor in UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B017U8Z61W/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
    (Amazon warehouse would be only tip of the iceberg, since its just returns during 30-day initial period).
    Is Acer really ok with this? Because it surely will decrease Amazon willingness to deal with Acer products in the future...

• RidingTheFlow
    Screenshot from Amazon UK:

• adamlreed93
    Screenshot from Amazon UK:

Wow, I have started to post my PERSONAL experience around the web....and tell people to stay away 
  • adamlreed93
    Sent in yet again for a "fix" lol....Sad....Just give me my money back and let me go away
  • RidingTheFlow
    Well, hopefully they eventually either fix it or give you money back - as long as they spending on shipping heavy monitor, not you :)
  • adamlreed93
    Well, hopefully they eventually either fix it or give you money back - as long as they spending on shipping heavy monitor, not you :)
    I figure they will lose enough money to say, lets give him his money or give him a monitor that is cherry picked
  • marthasimons
    marthasimons Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

xb321user said:

i can confirm that i received corruption like that as well, with the video you posted. so now we got even more proof...  :)

try to edit your post with a screenshot capture of it, if you can, so people can gasp in disgust at first sight

try
  • adamlreed93
    Well today I'm getting my monitor back after 5 different returns and 2 different monitors , I'm not expecting it to be fixed , Im playing their gaming of returns to get to the point they give up and offer a different monitor or my money back....Sad indeed
  • adamlreed93
    So I have reached the END of Acers customer service line, They only offered me $400 refund LOL. After 5 returns, 3 different xb321hk monitors, I have worked with Corporate Customer service and "Elite" technical support and wasted 3-4 months for $400.00 refund.... Unbelievable. I will continue to post my personal experience on websites and I'll update my Youtube video warning people NOT to buy ACER...
This discussion has been closed.