SafeMode? Virus Removal

sSyeBzuD
sSyeBzuD Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Could someone please tell me how to put a Predator 17 into safe mode love this laptop with all I got but I ***** sure miss my bios control from custom Asus builds, I gave myself a nasty Virus 

Basically I got cocky and tried to infect myself thinking it wouldnt happen ( dont try it ) I have a virus common user would miss doesnt do anything expect change my home page from google to bing ... and probably stealing whatever info it wants from me too but whatever WHATS INTERESTING is that even with Nortons 360 Spybot and Malwarebites ( paid editions ) it disables the protections modes soon as its installed no matter what programs I use which its pretty amazing I mean how would you code something to do that right anyway im sure I can get rid of it if I start in safe mode and run scans please help!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

>>>>Start Safe Mode from the login screen
    While holding down the Shift key, on the login screen , at the bottom right of the corner, click the power button then select Restart. Then Windows will bring up the Windows Recovery environment screen.
    On the Windows Recovery screen, click Troubleshoot.
    On the Troubleshoot screen, click Advanced options. Click Startup Settings.
    Click Restart. The computer restarts and another screen opens showing a lot of different startup options.
    On your keyboard, press the 4 number key to enter Safe Mode

>>>>Start Safe Mode using System Configuration tool and set Windows starts in Safe Mode. 
    On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R key at the same time to invoke the Run box.
    Type msconfig and click OK. Then the System Configurations will open.
    When System Configuration opens, click the Boot tab. Under Boot options, check Safe boot then click OK.
    When you’re prompted to restart your computer to apply these changes, click Restart then you will boot into the Safe Mode.
    If you want to start Windows 10 in Normal Mode, ensure Safe boot is unchecked.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • sSyeBzuD
    sSyeBzuD Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

this didnt work at all for me but thank you for trying Im using Predator 17 1070
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    The  above steps are for windows 10. What is the operating system that you are using now?
  • Slojim
    Slojim Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am having a problem booting my Aspire R3 471T after an update from Microsoft Win 10 home, I get into windows recovery screens.  But the option to click on startup setting is not there, instead it states Startup Repair.  Press that and auto repair starts.  I cannot get to Safe Mode.  When I try to boot from a cold start, message states trying to complete update. Then it freezes.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    sSyeBzuD said:
    Could someone please tell me how to put a Predator 17 into safe mode love this laptop with all I got but I ***** sure miss my bios control from custom Asus builds, I gave myself a nasty Virus 

Basically I got cocky and tried to infect myself thinking it wouldnt happen ( dont try it ) I have a virus common user would miss doesnt do anything expect change my home page from google to bing ... and probably stealing whatever info it wants from me too but whatever WHATS INTERESTING is that even with Nortons 360 Spybot and Malwarebites ( paid editions ) it disables the protections modes soon as its installed no matter what programs I use which its pretty amazing I mean how would you code something to do that right anyway im sure I can get rid of it if I start in safe mode and run scans please help!
    If your data is backed up, do a clean install of windows formatting your entire hard disk - this would garuntee no remnants post removal.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045