Acer Predator 17 1070 Bios Controls ?

sSyeBzuD
sSyeBzuD Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I always Build my PCs However this is my first Full Blown Gaming Laptop Acer Predator 17 1070,

I am used to Asus and all the Bios controls that come with them and full PC builds is there a way to get more Bios Control?
I believe I have Version 1.12 I know 1.13 is out but I'm scared to update, I have a bad experience before

Best Answer

• Queen6
    Queen6 Member Posts: 319 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    I own a Predator 17 (G9-793) 1.13 is basically the same as 1.12 from the users perspective. Latest is 1.14 I've yet to update as this is solely related to Spectre / Meltdown etc. In general the BIOS is very much locked down, likes of ThrottleStop works ok. I 'm not aware of any "unlocked" BIOS for the Predator 17.

Over all your safe to up to 1.13 without any negative results as long as the update is done correctly.  1.14 I'm not in a hurry to apply as it may impact negatively impact NVME SSD's.  Overall I'm pleased with my Predator 17 as it's both fast & quiet 

Q-6

Answers

• Queen6
    Queen6 Member Posts: 319 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    I own a Predator 17 (G9-793) 1.13 is basically the same as 1.12 from the users perspective. Latest is 1.14 I've yet to update as this is solely related to Spectre / Meltdown etc. In general the BIOS is very much locked down, likes of ThrottleStop works ok. I 'm not aware of any "unlocked" BIOS for the Predator 17.

Over all your safe to up to 1.13 without any negative results as long as the update is done correctly.  1.14 I'm not in a hurry to apply as it may impact negatively impact NVME SSD's.  Overall I'm pleased with my Predator 17 as it's both fast & quiet 

Q-6
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    BIOs can be unlocked but requires a second pc and a programming chip/cable.
    - Hotel Hero
  • sSyeBzuD
    sSyeBzuD Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Could you expalin RedSand?