Raid array 0000 problem how to unraid

zohaib
zohaib Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
today i bought a Acer predator  G9-593 256gb ssd and 1tb hdd so by mistake in Intel rapid storage technology i have raided the hard drive now 1tb hdd is not showing in the disk management kindly can someone guide me to unraid the hard drive and how can i use them as they were earlier?

i am attaching some screenshots.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    the RAID tool doesn't work anymore, the only way to break the RAID array is using a Gparted live bootable image and format the HDD as NFTS, deleting any partition on it or (if it didn't work) wipe/erase completly writing 0 on the HDD (HDD only, not SSD)
    https://gparted.org/livecd.php

or you can try this (i don't have a RAID system to test it):
    1) press Alt+F10 at boot to enter Windows recovery then choose troubleshoot - Advanced options - Command Prompt
    if this worked jump to point 8)
    2) download a windows 10 iso using Microsof tool:
    select the proper windows 10 version (the same installed on your laptop) and choose to save it as iso file when prompted
    3) download Rufus:
    plug your USB flash drive, run Rufus then:
    select ISO image from the dropdown menu near "Create a bootable disk"
    click on the little icon on the right and browse to the windows 10 downloaded iso file
    as  Partitions scheme select "GPT partition scheme for UEFI"
    as File system select "FAT32"
    click on Start
    wait until it finish, then uplug your USB flash drive
    4) backup all your personal data 
    5) Reboot to BIOS, pressing F2 at boot if it's a laptop or Del key if it's a desktop, then press F9 to load default and F10 to save and exit
    6) plug your USB flash drive and at boot press F12 (if F12 doesn't work, see if it auto-recognise the USB flash drive or press F2 or Del key to enter BIOS and enable F12 boot menu under BOOT tab), choose the USB flash drive as bootable device
    7) once at language/keyboard selection, press shift+F10, a command prompt will open
    8) type
    Diskpart
    list disk
    select disk x (x is the number of your HDD // not SSD!!!)
    clean all
    exit
    exit again to close command prompt

It will take some hours to completly wipe the HDD and probably you will need to re-install windows 10 from scratch, so backup all the data you need!
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Ultrasuperman
    Ultrasuperman Member Posts: 53 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    edited May 2018
    IronFly said:
    the RAID tool doesn't work anymore, the only way to break the RAID array is using a Gparted live bootable image and format the HDD as NFTS, deleting any partition on it or (if it didn't work) wipe/erase completly writing 0 on the HDD (HDD only, not SSD)
    https://gparted.org/livecd.php

or you can try this (i don't have a RAID system to test it):
    1) press Alt+F10 at boot to enter Windows recovery then choose troubleshoot - Advanced options - Command Prompt
    if this worked jump to point 8)
    2) download a windows 10 iso using Microsof tool:
    select the proper windows 10 version (the same installed on your laptop) and choose to save it as iso file when prompted
    3) download Rufus:
    plug your USB flash drive, run Rufus then:
    select ISO image from the dropdown menu near "Create a bootable disk"
    click on the little icon on the right and browse to the windows 10 downloaded iso file
    as  Partitions scheme select "GPT partition scheme for UEFI"
    as File system select "FAT32"
    click on Start
    wait until it finish, then uplug your USB flash drive
    4) backup all your personal data 
    5) Reboot to BIOS, pressing F2 at boot if it's a laptop or Del key if it's a desktop, then press F9 to load default and F10 to save and exit
    6) plug your USB flash drive and at boot press F12 (if F12 doesn't work, see if it auto-recognise the USB flash drive or press F2 or Del key to enter BIOS and enable F12 boot menu under BOOT tab), choose the USB flash drive as bootable device
    7) once at language/keyboard selection, press shift+F10, a command prompt will open
    8) type
    Diskpart
    list disk
    select disk x (x is the number of your HDD // not SSD!!!)
    clean all
    exit
    exit again to close command prompt

It will take some hours to completly wipe the HDD and probably you will need to re-install windows 10 from scratch, so backup all the data you need!

@IronFly Was there a post that says the Raid_tool doesn't work? I'm trying to remove the RAID from the bios to get PCIe and this tool seems to be the only way to remove that lock
  • IronFly
    There are many reports from users about that on this community.
    I'm on my phone now so i can't search them.
  • Ultrasuperman
    Ultrasuperman Member Posts: 53 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    @IronFly ok I guess that makes sense, I've seen a few mentions of it. So hopeful question, is there an updated bios or updated tool coming soon?
  • IronFly
    About BIOS, i don't know.
    About RAID tool, is no more supported by Intel, so no updates coming.