Why my laptop's CPU always remain stressed ??

CaptainZawad
CaptainZawad Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I am using  Predator G9-591 from last one year but currently, I noticed the CPU always on high clocks on 3.00 -3.14 GHz even on less or no use. It always remains the same high GHz all the time. I did not encounter that much hitting issue yet but in the game, some time frame drops occur here and there. So please help me with a solution.

Answers

• Queen6
    Queen6 Member Posts: 319 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Same as my G3-793 Power Mode is set to Best Performance, want it to clock down the frequency reduce the slider to Better Performance. Realistically when plugged in doesn't matter.  In game frame drops are likely related to something else.

Q-6
  • Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited May 2018
    if you click on processes and put them in order of cpu usage, what is taking up so much cpu resources? (56% is a huge amount when idling with nothing significant open, as is the memory usage in your pic)
  • Queen6
    Queen6 Member Posts: 319 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited May 2018
    Gawain said:
    if you click on processes and put them in order of cpu usage, what is taking up so much cpu resources? (56% is a huge amount when idling with nothing significant open, as is the memory usage in your pic)
    Definitely as setting to Best Performance will only increase the CPU frequency for better responsiveness, however not the load, with CPU utilisation being just a few percent.  Memory usage is also high so the image isn't indicative of a PC at idle.

Q-6