Abysmal service centers in my country! What to do?

punindya
punindya Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have a predator g3-572 which has been overheating for the past few months and has been causing performance issues in games. The CPU would just not run at its max speed and when it tried to, it would get immediately throttled as the core temperatures jumped straight from about 80 to above 95 degrees! It used to run perfectly cool before that period, but somehow suddenly, something went wrong with it. Since then, I have contacted Acer twice (on separate occasions) and they've directed me to two service centers. The first one just said that there was dust lodged in my fans, which he cleaned and assured me that it now worked fine. He was terribly wrong - the laptop didn't run cooler at all. After searching online for a while, I found out that my CPU's thermal paste might have been damaged so the next service center I gave my laptop to, I told them the same. They returned the laptop to me saying they had replaced the thermal paste, but surprise - nothing changed at all! I have been struggling to do any gaming on this laptop and that's exactly what I bought it for.

Needless to say, I have been extremely disappointed by the incompetent people at service centers that Acer has in my country (India). Will Acer really help me get it repaired/replaced or do they like to just lose customers on a regular basis for such small issues?

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited May 2018 Answer ✓
    punindya

Sorry to hear bout your experience, just to clarify, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. This community is not a direct portal to Customer service, although you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members here.

You can escalate the case to the concerned Acer authorities in your region and get the issue resolved. Here's the Acer support network weblink  for your region. Click on " Support Escalation Matrix" and download the details.  Contact the concerned support in your state to escalate the case and they will be happy to address your concerns.
     http://www2.acer.co.in/support/support_network.asp#_ga=2.234770394.558065078.1525258711-1149142331.1515006459 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited May 2018 Answer ✓
    punindya

Sorry to hear bout your experience, just to clarify, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. This community is not a direct portal to Customer service, although you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members here.

You can escalate the case to the concerned Acer authorities in your region and get the issue resolved. Here's the Acer support network weblink  for your region. Click on " Support Escalation Matrix" and download the details.  Contact the concerned support in your state to escalate the case and they will be happy to address your concerns.
     http://www2.acer.co.in/support/support_network.asp#_ga=2.234770394.558065078.1525258711-1149142331.1515006459 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!