Did anyone receive same rma experience like myself ?

kidneyuk
kidneyuk Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
Hello everyone.

I sent my screen for repair, because it was faulty from the day of purchase. Acer supplied me with a instruction of "how do i suppose to pack my unit" but they did not follow this instructions in return at all. I posted my screen using original packaging - including foams, covers, etc. In return i received only half of the packaging, which caused damages to the screen (scratches, panel itself damaged). Panel stand was not placed in the designed box area for it, but together with the screen causing even more damages. Logo plastic cover is placed between bezels, behind the panel and is not available to be fully removed :C

My screen went to the Repair centre placed in Telford and it was in brand new condition :C

Is it something that i should concern as a normal experience within acer repair centre these days ? Is there anyone else here, who have had same experience like me?

Best Answer

• fluidz
    fluidz Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    edited April 2018 Answer ✓
    I sent in my Acer x34a in for repair in the Uk in its original box and after repair they sent me the monitor back in the same box I sent it in (as expected), but without the top part to hold it in place, the monitor had the freedom to bounce around in its box in transit!   The monitor survivied and had no aesthetic damage - which was unbelievable, but I later found it had issues with the image randomly scrambling, so was no good.  I had to pack the monitor back with lots of cushioning at my own expense.

This happened in March 2018.  Uk repair.  I got a refund and I would suggest you push for one too.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    edited April 2018
    Hi,

i would suggest in contacting acer tech support for help regarding this issue. They might ask you to ship the unit with the box that you have received so make sure you keep the box safe.

For any further support kindly visit the following link :https://store.acer.com/en-us/
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • fluidz
    fluidz Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    edited April 2018 Answer ✓
    I sent in my Acer x34a in for repair in the Uk in its original box and after repair they sent me the monitor back in the same box I sent it in (as expected), but without the top part to hold it in place, the monitor had the freedom to bounce around in its box in transit!   The monitor survivied and had no aesthetic damage - which was unbelievable, but I later found it had issues with the image randomly scrambling, so was no good.  I had to pack the monitor back with lots of cushioning at my own expense.

This happened in March 2018.  Uk repair.  I got a refund and I would suggest you push for one too.

• kidneyuk
    edited April 2018
    well, currently im waiting nearly two months (!), for my unit to come back from the second rma. As all of the damaged parts are out of stock i had to wait about a month, before they even started sorting their "human error" things out.

im not able to ask for refund as i owned this monitor for 4-5 months from the day of purchase.
    i bought second monitor (as two months without a screen is unbelieveable), and im waiting for this one to come back. If there would be any defect? ill send it back again - simple

(its Acer in Telford)
  • kidneyuk
    A little update: 

I received my screen back from repair centre in Telford yesterday. Unfortunately, screen is in worse condition and only part of the issues were resolved (is that even possible?), Acer told me that, they will replace all damage parts due poor packaging and damages in transit, but they only replace, few parts not all. Apart from that i can hear some metal pieces banging inside the panel cover and whole tilt / rotate mechanism is wobbling and not holding position i want. I asked Acer for full Refund.