G3-571 problem with HDMI

LxrdPsychX
LxrdPsychX Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Another Problem (G3-571)

I have an HD TV 
when i try connecting it to my Helios 
It's Detected as only 1024x768 max resolution or 800 x 600 min (only 2 resolution) and in nvidia panel it says ..digital display ( before that it said Benq *model number*) How to fix that ? 

* In Nvidia control panel it says that the connection method is DVI Not HDMI 

* It worked perfectly before and the laptop was detecting the tv with 1920x 1080 even tho it's not the native for the tv ( then i'd resize it) 

* that happened before the last nvidia update ( so the update isn't the problem)

* i Don't Remember if it happened after a past update or nah

* I tried different cables 

*TV is detected as HD normally on the Xbox 360 , Apple TV , Android TV Box 

*I tried searching topics but didn't find anything 

* I uninstalled the gtx 1060 from the device manager and restored it with an older driver from nvidia ..The tv was detected as HD
but then it came back again to 1024x768 ( i don't remember if i updated it to the latest driver back then or no .. maybe that cause the problem) 

* Could anyone try connecting to a tv ? 

Hope I Gave you all the information needed 
thanks in advance ^-^

Edit* Also when I connect the hdmi cable it might not detect a display *even the 1024x768* when connected the first time 
then i reboot it and it gets 1024x768 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>It worked perfectly before and the laptop was detecting the tv with 1920x 1080 even tho it's not the native for the tv ( then i'd resize it) >>>

Do you recall the approximate date that it last worked perfectly before? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• LxrdPsychX

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>>It worked perfectly before and the laptop was detecting the tv with 1920x 1080 even tho it's not the native for the tv ( then i'd resize it) >>>

Do you recall the approximate date that it last worked perfectly before? Jack E/NJ

sadly I don't but I now remember that when I uninstalled the driver and then installed it again ..
    I installed the latest version back  then ,then after disconnecting the HDMI cable and reconnecting issue came back again ..
    Tried again today to uninstall and install older drivers that are called to be more stable 
    But no luck

• JackE
    What happens when you completely shut off the system, then connect the cable with the TV powered on, then turn the machine back on? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• LxrdPsychX

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    What happens when you completely shut off the system, then connect the cable with the TV powered on, then turn the machine back on? Jack E/NJ
    Same result 
    Turns on with res 1024x768
  • JackE
    >>> i Don't Remember if it happened after a past update or n[ot]>>>

I'm guessing the issue might be due to a Win10Update. This is why I asked if you recalled the approximate date. If it was more than a month ago, the automatic restore point has probably been deleted already. But you might search anyway for any restore points if you had system protection turned on to see if there might be any earlier restore points. If not, and the nVidia control panel doesn't allow much more flexibility,  then about all I can suggest short of a factory re-set, is to uninstall the driver again from Device Mgr, exit and do a cold boot to see if Windows will properly re-detect and automatically install the correct driver. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• LxrdPsychX

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>> i Don't Remember if it happened after a past update or n[ot]>>>

I'm guessing the issue might be due to a Win10Update. This is why I asked if you recalled the approximate date. If it was more than a month ago, the automatic restore point has probably been deleted already. But you might search anyway for any restore points if you had system protection turned on to see if there might be any earlier restore points. If not, and the nVidia control panel doesn't allow much more flexibility,  then about all I can suggest short of a factory re-set, is to uninstall the driver again from Device Mgr, exit and do a cold boot to see if Windows will properly re-detect and automatically install the correct driver. Jack E/NJ
    I Fixed it fourtnately
  • JackE
    Great! How'd you do it? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• LxrdPsychX

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Great! How'd you do it? Jack E/NJ

Since The control panel was detecting that the HDMI is dvi instead ..so I used a software called CRU to force the resolution ..then I wanted it to output audio to my 5.1 sound bar but since dvi ( as the notification panel sees it ) only sends pictures and vids ..I had to add extensions using same software
    Working perfectly now

• JackE
    Thanks for the tip @LxrdPsychX ! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ