how to remove battery from acer nitro 5?

AhmadZainideen
AhmadZainideen Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
when I play games I like to remove the battery to keep the charger on, plus the games cap on a specific fps when I remove the charger so simply I want to remove the battery and keep it charging, but I don't know how and there is a small hole on the back where I'm supposed to poke. tried it once and for some reason laptop stopped charging .. did it again and it recharged. so all I need to know is how to remove the laptop battery.

its an Acer nitro 5 (AN-515-51)

thanks.

Best Answer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    You don't need to remove the battery, you can continue to use the AC adapter, when the battery is fully charged, it stops charging, however, if you want to remove the battery, you have to remove the back cover and may void warranty, so check with Acer Service centre in your region.
    1. Remove HDD and Memory modules.
    2. remove the screws at the back cover.
    3. Release the tabs with a guitar pick or a credit card.
    4.Take off the back cover.
    5. Remove the plastic tape on the battery cable, disconnect the battery cable from motherboard.
    6.Remove two screws securing the battery to the upper cover.
    7. Lift the upper edge of the battery to release the latches and take off the battery.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    You don't need to remove the battery, you can continue to use the AC adapter, when the battery is fully charged, it stops charging, however, if you want to remove the battery, you have to remove the back cover and may void warranty, so check with Acer Service centre in your region.
    1. Remove HDD and Memory modules.
    2. remove the screws at the back cover.
    3. Release the tabs with a guitar pick or a credit card.
    4.Take off the back cover.
    5. Remove the plastic tape on the battery cable, disconnect the battery cable from motherboard.
    6.Remove two screws securing the battery to the upper cover.
    7. Lift the upper edge of the battery to release the latches and take off the battery.