PROBLEM WITH SOUND IN A NEW ACER NITRO 5

Irissu
Irissu Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited April 2018 in Nitro Gaming
Hi there! I have a new Acer Nitro 5 and I have noticed sometimes, for a few minutes, the sound produces like interferences or something similar. It happens with headphones and speakers, and in any sound source (spotify, youtube, or simply message notifications from the OS). I'm not doing anything concrete when it happens, so I couldn't find the cause. It can happend once in hours, but its a new laptop.

Somebody could help me? Do you think I should send the laptop directly to the SAT? I've had it for just a week and I'm afraid is something wrong with the sound card...

P.S: I already tried to reinstall the drivers, first from windows and after that form acer's website. I think I have the correct one, but just in case I leave here the link where I downloaded it: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7312?b=1

My exactly model is an ACER NITRO 5 
MODEL AN515-51-75FR
PARTNUMBER: NH.Q2REB.006

Thanks a lot for your help in advance

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Irissu 

You could try disabling Acer true Harmony. Go to Sound Properties(right click speaker icon, select Playback devices), highlight Speakers, select properties and untick "Enable" in True Harmony tab. You can also check the option 'disable all sound effects' found in speaker properties under enhancement tab.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    Hi, 

You have tried the quickest troubleshooting steps and it's good to see that you are thorough.. you can try sound test and see if it's behaviour is the same. 

Go to control panel > click on sound > under playback devices select the speakers and right click on it. Now do a sound test to see it's behaviour. If it's still the same then try power drain 

Steps to perform power drain.
    1. Unplug the power source
    2. Flip the computer upside down and check for tiny battery reset pinhole
    3. Use a paper clip, insert it into the pinhole and hold it for 30-40 sec 
    4. Now turn on the computer to see it's behaviour.

If the issue still persist you may contact Acer support for warranty help or the store to get it replaced.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Irissu

Tinkerer

Thanks a lot for your comments. I tried to found the "Acer True Harmony" but I couldn't. I don't know if is because of my model doesn't have that  option, if is because I don't have the correct drivers or what. The sound test is fine, but that is because my problem appears sometimes ramdonly. I also have noticed Windows tell me I have a "generic audio driver".. that's normal if I installed the realtek driver? I can't access to the realtek  options window either, I don't have it, but If I check what is the driver I've installed thorught "dxdiag" I can see I have the last realtek audio driver instaled.. I am really lost with this. 

PS: Sorry about my english!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Does Device Mgr show any red or yellow warnings? If none, you can try to uninstall the generic driver. Exit Device Mgr. Then coldboot and let Windows automatically re-detect and re-install its preferred driver. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Irissu

Tinkerer

When I use the option "fix audio issues" (sorry if the name is not exactly like that, I have windows in spanish) I have the next window:

I translate the message: "problems found
    generic audio driver"

But if I check my devide manager, you can see I already have realtek audio drivers, I tried to reinstall them once again by acer's website:

• JackE
    Uninstall both realtek drivers from Device Mgr. Exit. Cold boot the system to allow Windows to automatically re-detect and re-install its preferred drivers. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Irissu

Tinkerer

nothing, same problem here :( I think I will have to go to the technical support....
  • JackE
    OK. Before you send it off, try a factory-reset outside Windows. Shut the machine completely off. Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear. Then follow the video below. If still no joy, a hardware issue is likely. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

• Irissu

Tinkerer

edited May 2018
    Hi there to everybody again! I didn't reply before because finally I sent my laptop to the technical service. After a week, the sent me back the laptop exactly with the same problem, they didn't fix it. I tried to reinstall the OS deleting everything as they suggested me (a clean installartion) and the problem was still there. Finally I talked with the shop where I bought the laptop and they offered me a new one. Here comes the funny thing: Today is the first day I'm using the NEW laptop and I already had the distorsion problem twice. How can it be possible?... I'm very confussed. I have windows form the official website of microsoft, and I don't have too many programs installed (I didn't have time to install many). Just a few. Now I really don't know what is the problem, I was sure it was something wrong with the hardware, but it's almost impossible I have 2 laptops with the same hardware problem. I leave here a video where you can hear the distorted audio. I can't believe no one else has the same problem.

• JackE
    @Irissu >>>I have windows form the official website of microsoft>>>

I think this is your problem!!!! You installed the ***generic*** Win10 version from Microsoft. You should install the ****AN515-51-75FR specific**** Win10 from ACER with all the correct ACER drivers. This ACER Win10 should be on the hidden recovery partition on your HDD or SSD and installed via the ALT+F10 coldboot method described in my April 25 post above. If this hidden ACER partition is missing, you should request the ACER-specific Win10 installation media from your ACER service center. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• meshswapnil
    meshswapnil Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Irissu said:
    Hi there to everybody again! I didn't reply before because finally I sent my laptop to the technical service. After a week, the sent me back the laptop exactly with the same problem, they didn't fix it. I tried to reinstall the OS deleting everything as they suggested me (a clean installartion) and the problem was still there. Finally I talked with the shop where I bought the laptop and they offered me a new one. Here comes the funny thing: Today is the first day I'm using the NEW laptop and I already had the distorsion problem twice. How can it be possible?... I'm very confussed. I have windows form the official website of microsoft, and I don't have too many programs installed (I didn't have time to install many). Just a few. Now I really don't know what is the problem, I was sure it was something wrong with the hardware, but it's almost impossible I have 2 laptops with the same hardware problem. I leave here a video where you can hear the distorted audio. I can't believe no one else has the same problem.

I've the same problem with my NITRO5 AN-515-51 , I think the problem is with the BIOS or the sound drivers because I've tried all the drivers the old/new even the one that realtek provides also if u search the forums many like us have the same problem . I've emailed the contact support regarding this issue but no reply yet , let's see what happens .
  • JackE
    @meshswapnil  Have you tried the ALT+F10 cold-boot ACER factory-reset yet to see if the problem temporarily resolves? An errant Win10update could be causing the issue so make sure your system protection is turned on so update restore points are created. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• meshswapnil
    meshswapnil Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon
    JackE said:
    @meshswapnil  Have you tried the ALT+F10 cold-boot ACER factory-reset yet to see if the problem temporarily resolves? An errant Win10update could be causing the issue so make sure your system protection is turned on so update restore points are created. Jack E/NJ
    Ahh bro believe me I've tried everything form 2 times factory-reset/to updating drivers from acer/realtek and even unofficial drivers , the only solution for me is to restart the laptop , also acer gave the AN515-52/53 users a bios update saying (1. Fine tune audio performance) , I just hope they are listening to the users , it's really annoying to restart if you've some work going on . I'm on the latest windows update 1803 build . 
  • JackE
    @meshswapnil OK. If the problem still persists with an ALT+F10 reset with the router off (so no Win10update can sneak in), then I agree that you have no choice but to temporarily bypass it with an annoying re-boot, Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Irissu

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Ahh bro believe me I've tried everything form 2 times factory-reset/to updating drivers from acer/realtek and even unofficial drivers , the only solution for me is to restart the laptop , also acer gave the AN515-52/53 users a bios update saying (1. Fine tune audio performance) , I just hope they are listening to the users , it's really annoying to restart if you've some work going on . I'm on the latest windows update 1803 build . 
    meshswapnil 
    I have found a temporary solution where you don't have to reset the computer. Press right click on the icon of the speakers, and then go to "spatial sound"> ​​and activate or deactivate "windows sonic for headphones" (I don't know if the names are like that in English, I leave an image for you to see what I'm talking about). With this, the distortion disappears without having to restart. I'm not going to reformat or do anything either, I think we've done enough and nothing fixes the problem, let's hope Acer can fix it.

you have to switch between that two options

• JackE
    @meshswapnil Thanks for posting your workaround! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Irissu

Tinkerer

Irissu said:

I've the same problem with my NITRO5 AN-515-51 , I think the problem is with the BIOS or the sound drivers because I've tried all the drivers the old/new even the one that realtek provides also if u search the forums many like us have the same problem . I've emailed the contact support regarding this issue but no reply yet , let's see what happens .
    By the way, can you share with me the links where people talk about this problem? I couldn't found anything in the forums

Thanks
  • HalimJr
    HalimJr Member Posts: 2 New User
    I am having the same problem on my new Nitro 5. Sounds come like its coming from a broken speaker. After I restart my laptop, it goes to normal. I think its related to Audio driver. :/
  • JackE
    @Halimir Please tell us which, if any, answers to this problem that have been posted in the links on this earlier post? Jack E/NJ

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/572951/#Comment_572951

Jack E/NJ