FAQ - CPU, GPU, Temps, FPS, Settings, & Other Info

Answers

• Robitzik
    Robitzik Member Posts: 68 Devotee WiFi Icon
    @Skelomorph i opened this post March last year. You left comments on it last week.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/491929/acer-predator-dolby-audio-issues#latest
  • Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    Robitzik said:
    @Skelomorph i opened this post March last year. You left comments on it last week.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/491929/acer-predator-dolby-audio-issues#latest
    Yes, I was responding to other's questions with what I knew. I only joined the forums in August/September of 2017, and never read the older posts.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • Robitzik
    Robitzik Member Posts: 68 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Don't worry mate, i was just kidding. I don't care who gets credited as long as the community gets the necessary help and information. I am going to work on a liquid metal repasting tutorial in the near future, if you wish to add something like it to your post, i will gladly help.
  • Vladklych
    Vladklych Member Posts: 4 New User
    Robitzik said:
    Yes, I was responding to other's questions with what I knew. I only joined the forums in August/September of 2017, and never read the older posts.

Skelo
    Hi skelo ! I got some intresting question for you. 
    7. Context Menu/Windows Stuttering/Freezing
    I do everything what you said but i still have freezing when i click at battery icon in right corner .
    what i should do for fix it? i got this problem after i reinstall windows 10 .
    when i plug hdmi cable to my laptop everything goes so fast and without lags.
    Help me please it is so annoying ...( but thx you for help me with context menu!
    https://pp.userapi.com/c840337/v840337219/6fe8b/cxmICrXfoN0.jpg 
    screen from my geforce expirience !
  • Skelomorph
    Vladklych said:
    Robitzik said:

Skelo
    Hi skelo ! I got some intresting question for you. 
    7. Context Menu/Windows Stuttering/Freezing
    I do everything what you said but i still have freezing when i click at battery icon in right corner .
    what i should do for fix it? i got this problem after i reinstall windows 10 .
    when i plug hdmi cable to my laptop everything goes so fast and without lags.
    Help me please it is so annoying ...( but thx you for help me with context menu!
    https://pp.userapi.com/c840337/v840337219/6fe8b/cxmICrXfoN0.jpg 
    screen from my geforce expirience !
    This type of lag has to do with switching between the Intel GPU and the NVIDIA GPU. Its lag in the Intel driver, and the only way to actually make it disappear is to use TrayPwrD3, which make your NVIDIA GPU run 24/7. However, this can significantly decrease battery life.

Intel is supposedly supposed to release a driver to fix this in the next couple of months, but who knows.

Skelo
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

- Dr. Seuss
  • Skyrimkillereh
    Skyrimkillereh Member Posts: 1 New User
    Very helpful information.
  • Mydgard
    Mydgard Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Hi! Well I used XTU to decrease temperature with undervolt CPU. So I made an 5 minute stresstest with original settings and after with -0.110V. Test passed and CPU temperature changed from 73 C° to 65 C°. Predator Sense showed last time max 91 C° CPU and 85 C° GPU degree (playing with World of Warships, graphics optimalized by NVidia GeForce), now show CPU 78 C° max and GPU 74 C° max, so I'm totally satisfied. My configuration is Predator Helios 1060 GTX and i7-7700HQ.
  • ZielNazareth
    ZielNazareth Member Posts: 67 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I found out that the solution in screen tearing in g3-571 is simply go to display settings and make your screen size 100% not the 125% that is recommended. And my problem in my mouse pointer moving by itself while gaming in certain games is solved by this. Hope this will help anyone whose having the same problem as mine :)

Bearer of the Savior's Insignia
  • Skelomorph
    Mydgard said:
    Hi! Well I used XTU to decrease temperature with undervolt CPU. So I made an 5 minute stresstest with original settings and after with -0.110V. Test passed and CPU temperature changed from 73 C° to 65 C°. Predator Sense showed last time max 91 C° CPU and 85 C° GPU degree (playing with World of Warships, graphics optimalized by NVidia GeForce), now show CPU 78 C° max and GPU 74 C° max, so I'm totally satisfied. My configuration is Predator Helios 1060 GTX and i7-7700HQ.
    Glad its working good for you. Remember, if you used the video guide give a shoutout to @Red-Sand AKA Hotel Hero @ Youtube AKA Opoka Opoka @ Facebook.

ZielNazareth said:
    I found out that the solution in screen tearing in g3-571 is simply go to display settings and make your screen size 100% not the 125% that is recommended. And my problem in my mouse pointer moving by itself while gaming in certain games is solved by this. Hope this will help anyone whose having the same problem as mine :)

That's interesting. So the screen scaling, when back to 100%, stopped the screen tearing. Will spread it out and see if it helps some folks. Thanks.

Skelo

- Dr. Seuss
  • Sarbon
    Sarbon Member Posts: 1 New User
    Thanks for the context menu fix, it worked flawlessly!

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited April 2018
    Confirmed new Windows update fixes Context Menu lag.. 👍 

*edit I have no idea why this is saying it's a quote lmao
    - Hotel Hero
  • Phaseshift
    Phaseshift Member Posts: 1 New User
    One of the first things you said about CPU temperatures is that it should be at 35-50C while idle,but mine is sitting at 50-55C with the fans turned up all the way(and Steam/Discord/PredatorSense started as well,but they don't matter that much,right?),anything i can do about it?

Specs:
    CPU-i7-7700HQ
    GPU-GTX1060 6GB
    RAM-16GB DDR4(2x8GB)
  • Red-Sand
    One of the first things you said about CPU temperatures is that it should be at 35-50C while idle,but mine is sitting at 50-55C with the fans turned up all the way(and Steam/Discord/PredatorSense started as well,but they don't matter that much,right?),anything i can do about it?

Specs:
    CPU-i7-7700HQ
    GPU-GTX1060 6GB
    RAM-16GB DDR4(2x8GB)

You basically optimize your windows by removing background programs from running, removing task schedules you don't need as well as services. 
    Also disabling all the options in "privacy" in windows setting. 

I idle at 0% cpu usage @ 26-36 C. 
    - Hotel Hero
  • LaughingMan
    LaughingMan Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey Check out this youtube channel, the guy who does the videos shows ways to customize your Predator Helios 300. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5FFCug83Ko
  • ZielNazareth
    ZielNazareth Member Posts: 67 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Got new tips for everyone whose having problems with high temperatures while gaming, this is quite hassle because you have to fully charge first your laptop before playing then open your predator sense and put it in max settings and lastly open and play your game. In my experience it doesnt reach beyond 85% and I didnt repasted my gpu. Hope this will help you guys :)
    Bearer of the Savior's Insignia
  • Rusty_M3
    Rusty_M3 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Could please tell me what's the clock speed for GTX 1070 ? Is it 4000Mhz or 8000Mhz
  • MO_GAD
    MO_GAD Member Posts: 5 New User
    Got new tips for everyone whose having problems with high temperatures while gaming, this is quite hassle because you have to fully charge first your laptop before playing then open your predator sense and put it in max settings and lastly open and play your game. In my experience it doesnt reach beyond 85% and I didnt repasted my gpu. Hope this will help you guys :)
    By max setting do you mean the fans speed?
    I was playing Watch dogs 2 on all ultra and very high settings with the fans at max and undervolting -95 and the temp was average 92 and it would spike uo to over 95 so is that normal? what am I supposed to do if not? I mean all ultra and very high settings looked amazing but were kinda unnecessary so should I just play on high or something? What are the normal temps. you guys get while gaming...my laptop is a predator 15 G9 with a GTX 1070
  • azzido
    azzido Member Posts: 8 New User
    Hi, I noticed that "10. Enable Predator Sense Overclocking" doesn't work for my predator g9-593 :(
    Honestly, I do not want to overclock it, but what I need is to have a control of fan cooling as currently it is always on auto and I can put it on 100% using Predator Sense. I need more options as auto allows the cpu (I7-7700) to get up to 97 degrees when gaming and 100% fan speed is also too much, I would like to set it to about 70%. 

I tried to adjust regedit but instead of enabling more options, I saw less options available. 

Is there any way to have a control on fans? 
    Why Acer is limiting us with this option? I can understand they want to control overclocking for safety, but they should allow to control fan speeds when someone what to cool down the device as per his preference. I enabled CoolBoost but it seems it does nothing. 

Thanks in advance. 

• Red-Sand
    azzido said:
    Hi, I noticed that "10. Enable Predator Sense Overclocking" doesn't work for my predator g9-593 :(
    Honestly, I do not want to overclock it, but what I need is to have a control of fan cooling as currently it is always on auto and I can put it on 100% using Predator Sense. I need more options as auto allows the cpu (I7-7700) to get up to 97 degrees when gaming and 100% fan speed is also too much, I would like to set it to about 70%. 

I tried to adjust regedit but instead of enabling more options, I saw less options available. 

Is there any way to have a control on fans? 
    Why Acer is limiting us with this option? I can understand they want to control overclocking for safety, but they should allow to control fan speeds when someone what to cool down the device as per his preference. I enabled CoolBoost but it seems it does nothing. 

Thanks in advance. 

Try cleaning the dust from your fans with a compressed air gas can.. You'd be surprised how much that increases temps bro
    - Hotel Hero
  • PredatorHritik
    PredatorHritik Member Posts: 1 New User
    A very useful guide thanks mate