XB321HK Weird Artifact

Answers

• lionheart12x
    lionheart12x Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Yea. Lets hope.

I try to avoid sending monitors in if I could. Don't want dead pixels lol. 

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Ok lionheart12x i just got confirmation that "YES" your monitor has to come in for repair, please contact Acer Support and ask for a case number to send the monitor in and then PM me the case so i can follow up with it.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
  • lionheart12x
    lionheart12x Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Thanks Manny. I'll set up a repair ticket. 
  • R1seKujikawa
    R1seKujikawa Member Posts: 3 New User
    so anyone who sent theirs in, did it work? is the flickering gone?
  • adamlreed93
    adamlreed93 Member Posts: 61 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    so anyone who sent theirs in, did it work? is the flickering gone?
    Yes, I sent mine in and when returned it was solid EXCEPT with G-Sync ON, look at page 5 of this thread and see my video I posted. Acer-Manny has elevated my issue  to an engineering tech support so I have mailed it in again.
  • R1seKujikawa
    R1seKujikawa Member Posts: 3 New User
    hmm, i think ill wait then. my warranty is still solid until 2020
  • adamlreed93
    hmm, i think ill wait then. my warranty is still solid until 2020
    I'm the guinea pig I guess
  • M10
    M10 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Acer-Manny, I sent in my XB321HK two days ago to Acer Repairs Ctr in Sydney Australia to fix this intermittent flickering but upon checking with Acer Support Hotline today, they are testing the monitor but have found no fault so far :# .  I did point them to this Acer Community forum web-post but not sure if they took any notice...

I have sent you a PM with my Case Number.  Hoping you can help by telling them what needs to be fixed.  Thanks.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Hi M10,

Thank you for the information, i will do my best to assist you. 

Salute,
    Acer-Manny
  • adamlreed93
     Small Update: My monitor status is under repair. I'm hoping that it's in the "Engineering" Repair shop since 4/6/18. 
  • adamlreed93
    Small Update: Still in the Engineering Department 11th day, I asked Acer-Manny if he could get a better status then "under repair"
  • jeremythelee
    jeremythelee Member Posts: 4 New User
    Small Update: Still in the Engineering Department 11th day, I asked Acer-Manny if he could get a better status then "under repair"
    I was reading through this because my 2nd replacement from Amazon still has the artifacting issue. I'm absolutely blown away that the latest post is from 2 days ago... So this still isn't fixed? I guess I'll contact support as well. Thanks for being so diligent with your updates. I'll be following closely while I go through the same process. 
  • jeremythelee
    The system automatically directed me to ship it in to their repair shop... If I spend $100+ on shipping and it's sent back unfixed I'm going to be F'ing livid. This is obviously a manufacturing issue if 3 displays in a row have the same artifacting.
  • adamlreed93
    Another update: The engineering department has been able to recreate the artifacts/blanking issue that I have and want to extensively test before sending it back to me. Crossing fingers. 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Hi jeremythelee,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with all 3 Monitors, the fix is definitely in our Repair Center. I strongly recommend that you contact our support channel in your country and start this process ASAP.

Once you call Acer support and get an Case ID number, please send it to me via PM so i can follow up back with you on it, also if by any chance your not offer a free shipping label on the call/chat, you should certainly ask for it or simply let me know this details when you send me the Case ID number please.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • jeremythelee
    Hi jeremythelee,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with all 3 Monitors, the fix is definitely in our Repair Center. I strongly recommend that you contact our support channel in your country and start this process ASAP.

Once you call Acer support and get an Case ID number, please send it to me via PM so i can follow up back with you on it, also if by any chance your not offer a free shipping label on the call/chat, you should certainly ask for it or simply let me know this details when you send me the Case ID number please.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
    Thanks for the additional info. I'll contact support about the shipping label right now! 
  • jeremythelee
    It took all of 30 seconds for them to approve my request and send me a shipping label. I'm bummed out my monitor doesn't work but I'm very happy with the support process thus far. 
  • crypto676
    crypto676 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have this same problem with my XB321HK. With G-SYNC on, the problem is much worse. I opened a support ticket but did not send my monitor in yet. Can anybody confirm that this problem will indeed be fixed if I send my monitor in?

Thank you!
  • adamlreed93
    crypto676 said:
    I have this same problem with my XB321HK. With G-SYNC on, the problem is much worse. I opened a support ticket but did not send my monitor in yet. Can anybody confirm that this problem will indeed be fixed if I send my monitor in?

Thank you!
    Yes and No, I sent mine in now twice, My first time 1st level said they had a fix which did NOT fix my artifacting and blanking out issue (as video on page 5). So i sent it in again and this time to 2nd level which has had my monitor since 4/6/18 and are extensively testing after they have recreated my issue. So I'm hoping this time is the charm. My 2nd time was exactly yours GSync ON was terrible blanking out every 6-7 secs. 
  • M10
    M10 Member Posts: 3 New User
    To those following my case, Acer sent me a new XB321HK (retail box & all; no stuck pixels) with Mfg Date Feb 2018 which I have been testing for the last two days playing Everspace and Witcher 3 with G-Sync On.  So far I have observed less of the intermittent artefact flickering (instead of about 10 times a day with my old XB321HK, now only about 2 times - one just happened as I was typing this!).  Thus the issue at fault has not been entirely resolved to my liking, but for now I am satisfied with the outcome only because having to send the new monitor back for repair again for who knows how long, without a replacement monitor that I can use in the meantime, is too much of a pain.

I have asked for my comments to be logged with my Case ID so I don't have to explain everything to Acer Support again if the intermittent flickers become too much and I decide to raise a new Case within the warranty period.

Good Luck with your respective cases.  By the way, I did not experience the blanking out issue that some users had, just the intermittent artefacting...
This discussion has been closed.