Ethernet Setup

RobsImpSS
RobsImpSS Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 29 in 2018 Archives
I have an older desktop Acer AMD3910-U4012 which came bundled with a backup copy of Windows 7 OS and the drivers in a protected partition.  However, I had to wipe the entire drive clean and thus lost the backup/restore partition and thus had to buy a copy of Windows 7.  However, after installing a fresh copy of Windows 7 on the wiped drive, I could only connect to the internet via a wireless connection as there was no Ethernet driver installed.  When I entered the desktop serial number into the Acer website to detect which driver files were applicable, I didn't see anything that suggested to me the right device driver to use.  I'm not an expert at setting up an Ethernet system on a computer so I thought someone here could help me figure out how to connect via Ethernet.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Ah, OK. You want the one called LAN Driver, install it and it should get the port working.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    Please share the exact model number of your device..
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • RobsImpSS
    Aspire AMD3910-U4012
  • billsey
    Searching on the Acer support site for your Aspire M3910 model gives me this. Sometimes the model numbers can be confusing... :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • RobsImpSS
    Yes, I found that as well but I do not know if the drivers I needed are there to my specific problem.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Ah, OK. You want the one called LAN Driver, install it and it should get the port working.
  • RobsImpSS
    Thanks, that did the trick.