Acer predator g9-592 15 6700HQ - CPU Temperature reach 95 - 97 degrees on light usage

jaYAYNUd
jaYAYNUd Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello,
I have predator g9-592 with 6700HQ, GTX 980m and 16gb ram, the temperature was as usual around 60-75 degrees on heavy and long gaming sessions and on the normal usage or light usage the temperature reach 35 degrees, and an fps on games such as dishonored 2 AC syndicate, tomb raider 45-50 fps and on league of legends a solid 120 fps
before 2 months I had an issue with my motherboard and the laptop didn't start at all, went to warranty and they fixed it by replacing the motherboard, everything worked as it should but after couple of weeks I noticed that the laptop is getting fps drops in games that i used to run on 45fps and 50fps and it gives me 30 fps, then 10-25 fps no matter how i change the settings of the game, league of legends spikes between 50 and 80 fps also no matter on low or very high settings.
and then i noticed the temperature getting unusual numbers 95 and 96 degrees when i have almost nothing heavy open.
GPU temperature 85-87 degree

i'm afraid the GPU or CPU have been damaged because of the heat which is why the performance isn't normal.

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    The CPU and GPU are soldered to the motherboard, which means that with a new motherboard come new GPU and CPU. The problem here isn't the CPU or GPU, but the thermal paste. Most likely they haven't applied the paste properly, which results in such bad temperatures. I suggest you to contact Acer again and send your laptop to be repasted.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    The CPU and GPU are soldered to the motherboard, which means that with a new motherboard come new GPU and CPU. The problem here isn't the CPU or GPU, but the thermal paste. Most likely they haven't applied the paste properly, which results in such bad temperatures. I suggest you to contact Acer again and send your laptop to be repasted.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• jaYAYNUd
    jaYAYNUd Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

thank you very much for the fast reply, for now at least ill be sure its fixable.

have a good day

• Queen6
    Queen6 Member Posts: 319 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited April 2018
    My question is did PredatorSense previously show the GPU temp?

This is from my G9-793, I would have thought the GPU temp would be displayed.  Reason I ask is, if the dGPU is not recognised/functioning the CPU's integrated GPU will take the full load, temperature will spiral and FPS will be very limited in most 3D gaming scenarios.  Assuming the notebook has both integrated & discrete graphics.

Q-6