Black screen, no logo, windows booting

DarVeter
DarVeter Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello everyone,

My Predator G9-793-78RN screen doesn't turn on properly. 4 days ago I fell asleep while watching youtube on it, and in the morning found out that if was off. After that when I turn it on I see no image on screen, I can hear the welcoming sound but didn't see Predator logo, all the leds work fine, screen backlight also on and I even managed to enter windows and hear sounds when I pluged and unpluged usb devices. I tried all of this advices about power button, reset the battery and somebody even wrote here that it heal up by itself over some time but it doesn't seem work for me. I tried to plug in 2 display but it also has no image even though it doesn't show that it has no signal.

I read couple of topics here about the funny way acer tend to update BIOS, and the symptoms of faulty BIOS are quite similliar to my situation, but before I go deep on BIOS fix or dismantling whole thing I want to ask people around, maybe you have any ideas what is happening?

Answers

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    I know sometimes you have to hold the pin hole reset for 40 solid seconds a total of 3-4 times sometimes.... Not sure why.... Could give it a go? 
    - Hotel Hero
  • DarVeter
    Just tried 40secX4times, didn't help
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi! At sometimes doing BIOS default may fix this kind of display issue. You can get into BIOS by tapping the F2 key immediately after powering on the laptop. If BIOS is displayed in your screen, just hit F9. Select the "Load Setup Defaults" option and press ↵ Enter. Then hit F10. After that press Enter to save changes and exit. Unit should now boot to Windows. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• DarVeter
    Balatekie said:
    Hi! At sometimes doing BIOS default may fix this kind of display issue. You can get into BIOS by tapping the F2 key immediately after powering on the laptop. If BIOS is displayed in your screen, just hit F9. Select the "Load Setup Defaults" option and press ↵ Enter. Then hit F10. After that press Enter to save changes and exit. Unit should now boot to Windows. 
    I can't see BIOS menu as well
  • Queen6
    Queen6 Member Posts: 319 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited April 2018
    This likely a dumb question, however have you tried to toggle the display on & off etc. from the Fn Keys?

Fn+F6

Q-6
  • DarVeter
    Queen6 said:
    This likely a dumb question, however have you tried to toggle the display on & off etc. from the Fn Keys?

Fn+F6

Q-6
    Yes, I tried that :)
  • Queen6
    Queen6 Member Posts: 319 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Your not seeing any display booting into BIOS tends to suggest a hardware issue unfortunately.  Right now I cant reboot my G9-793 to even see if there's such an option in BIOS although I very doubt there is.

Q-6