HELP BIOS battery bellow 25%

iannes
iannes Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
In the interface battery show as (plugged in, charging) but froze in a permanent 21%
When I remove the charger the laptop just powers of, I tried to power on through the power button but to no result.
I dont know if I am resetting the battery properly, i take the cable off then proceed to put a paper clip in the hole hold for a few seconds (5 or so)
and that changes nothing. And I cant update BIOS to try to solve...

Acer aspire e5 576

Thanks for the help

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    iannes 

Please Open device manager click “Battery” and under Battery, please click “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery”. Now, do a right click on it, then click “Uninstall”. Confirm that you would like to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery. After the uninstallation process, please restart your computer. As soon as you restart your computer, the Windows will automatically install the driver again. Please check your battery icon on the right bottom side of your Windows screen to see if it is charging.

Also, check all the screws of the bottom case are secured correctly.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • iannes
    iannes Member Posts: 4 New User
       I uninstalled, restarted, changed to 20%. It still shows the message (Plugged in, charging) but still froze and not actually charging.
    I also tried to uninstall and reset the battery through the pin hole on the bottom, no change as well. (and checked the screws)

Thanks for trying to help! :)

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    @iannes

If the device is still under warranty you may contact Acer support and get a replacement battery or to send in the device.
    You can also contact a  technician at a local shop and get the battery charged so that can update BIOS and check the issue.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!