Various A715-71G models, difference in peripheral specs

Rene123
Rene123 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I am about to select a laptop, and the shortlist has come to one of the A715-71G models. (I am teacher ICT, need RAM/HDD space for multiple VM's)
However, I can not confirm some of the details that I finde on some websites, including the acer website.
For example, as the main part of the model nr is the same, I expect the letters following the typenr to specify amount of RAM, HDD/SDD capacaty etc. but not of it have Sd card reader, WiDi support etc.
So my question is what are the common specs on all A715-71G models, and in particular: 
- Backlight keyboard (On some sites it mentions it does have one, but here on Acer website not.)
- Wireless Display (WiDi) support
- Slot for SD card (Or uSD)
- GTX 1050 Ti or GTX 1050

My shortlist currently is:
NX.GP9EH.003 16GB 256GB SSD + 2TB HDD (But does not have SD card slot? Or does it, but has WiDi)
NX.GP9EH.007 32GB 512GB SSD + 1TB HDD (But does not have WiDi, but does have TI-version of GPU)
NX.GP8EH.014 16GB 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD (But does not have WiDi and not the Ti version of GPU)

I hope you are able to clear my doubts...

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>I can not confirm some of the details that I finde on some websites, including the acer website.>>>

That's probably because model specs vary depending on its main market country and the country's ACER website. You're best way of determining full specs is to google each part number individually and following only the first few ACER weblinks that appear. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Rene123
    Thanks for the reply, but not the answer to the issue. For example, if I make a selection on the website to narrow down the list, the background light for keyboard is in strike trough font. But if I look at the detailed specs, it claims it has a backlighted keyboard. That might be an error or not. The same is for the card reader. I expect the housing is for all variations of the same model (as mentioned in my original post) the same, so all models have a SD-card slot or not. So is that true or not and if yes, what is the correct answer? For the 
    NX.GP9EH.007 for example, (Which is named  A715-71G-70ZC at the shops) it has 1 TB HDD on dealers specs, 2TB on the local Acer site.
    So if somebody could give me the definitive answers for the models in original post, I would be delighted. Thanks again.
  • JackE
    >>>the background light for keyboard is in strike trough font. But if I look at the detailed specs, it claims it has a backlighted keyboard. >>>

OK, I think I see your issue. The stike-through means that the backlight keyboard is definitely ***NOT INCLUDED*** in that particular vendor's ad simply because the vendor is also using a worldwide ACER backlt keyboard illustration in the ad. If the vendor does not specifically mention  the SD-card in the ad, but the housing illustration shows the SD-card slot, then you must assume the slot is ***NOT INCLUDED*** unless the vendor specifically tells you otherwise.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Rene123
    The strike trough is on the Acer website in the selection criteria. But if you go to the details of the product, it claims it does have (For example) the backlight keyboard. I do not see any SD card slot, while according to specs at some models, it should have one. The pics are the same for all models, so no conclusion can be drawn from these....
  • JackE
    What ACER website address are you looking at? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Rene123
    https://www.acer.com/ac/nl/NL/content/models/laptops/aspire7
    (The second option below 'Kenmerken' is keyboard backlight. But it is just one of the doubts I have.)

• JackE
    edited April 2018
    The strike-through options are not available on the models shown on that ACER Holland webpage. Jack E/NJ  PS: But the German, French or UK ACER stores may have those options available.

Jack E/NJ

• Rene123
    I give up.
  • JackE
    You might get the options you want from ACER Holland but will likely cost extra. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Rene123
    OK, just to give feedback: I found out that WiDi does no longer exist, Intel dropped it in favor of Miracast, which is much wider accepted and about the same. The keyboard backlight is available depending on market, as indicated, so the striketrough for the dutch market is an error. (At least for the models I listed above.) An SD-card slot is included in all models having the same base, as I expected.
    Hope this does hekp others....