XB321HK Weird Artifact

Answers

• adamlreed93
    adamlreed93 Member Posts: 61 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Small update: Acer-Manny told me they received my monitor 3/23 and didn't find the problem,UGH!!!!  BUT Acer-Manny will make sure they apply the fix he stated earlier in the forum. Crossing fingers and appreciate Acer-Manny always communicating with me. 
  • adamlreed93
    Bigger Update: Received a message that they replaced the LCD screen with a replacement with the fix and they are shipping my unit back soon.
  • RidingTheFlow
    RidingTheFlow Member Posts: 93 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited April 2018
    Thanks for update. Sounds like its truly a panel problem and require a panel replacement (probably with proper shielding or updated electronics).

That's a bummer since these panels are really bad lottery in terms of BLB and dead pixels - spent ages finding a good one I have now and not keen on replacing it with "new" one of potentially worse quality :(

• adamlreed93
    I did have a flawless pixel monitor but the flickering artifact could be a pain in the ### so I guess I'm rolling the dice here, my fingers are crossed
  • RidingTheFlow
    RidingTheFlow Member Posts: 93 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited April 2018
    I take (rare) flickering over dead pixels or BLB every time.
    For me flickering happens maybe once in few hours, above defects are *always* visible...

Probably will use this "repair" when I will get a new monitor (which certainly would not be Acer!), just before this one goes on eBay so it gets better price :)

• adamlreed93
    Well I got the shipping and should receive it tomorrow by the end of the day. I hope it's perfect :)

• lionheart12x
    lionheart12x Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    I would like to know if this fix can be applied to the ACER BM320 monitors as well. It exhibits the exact same problem that is being described in this thread. ACER Manny? Please let me know. 
  • adamlreed93
    Received monitor UPDATE: No dead pixels yet, No artifacts yet, touching the base no artifacts, plugging in anything into the USB port no artifacts yet. I will repost after afew days or if artifacts return
  • adamlreed93
    edited April 2018
    Well I turned on G-Sync and started to play Diablo 3 and the artifacts (Whole screen going black with artifacts) came back, So I turned off G-Sync and seems to be solid so far 
  • lionheart12x
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFDtw8jh-Cw

This is the problem I am having with my BM320. 

I'm glad that you have your problem fixed!
  • adamlreed93
    Im not sure mine is really fixed
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited April 2018
    Hi lionheart12x,

To my understanding is that the solution is also available for your model as well.

Did you ever contact the support channel to have the monitor sent for repair?

I will confirm this information with the repair/technician Dep. and get back to you just to get the confirmation of it.

adamlreed93- Sorry to hear this, please reply to my PM sent. 

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • adamlreed93
    SeAcer-Manny said:
    Hi lionheart12x,

To my understanding is that the solution is also available for your model as well.

I will confirm this information with the repair/technician Dep. and get back to you just to get the confirmation of it.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
    Replied to your email with a video from my Iphone
  • adamlreed93
    SeAcer-Manny said:
    Hi lionheart12x,

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
    Here is the video:
    https://youtu.be/8bo2iExeZRk
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    adamlreed93 thats very helpful thanks.

One more question, can you tell me what video card, input (Cables) and CPU are been used on your setup?

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • adamlreed93
    edited April 2018
    adamlreed93 thats very helpful thanks.

One more question, can you tell me what video card, input (Cables) and CPU are been used on your setup?

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
    Video Card: Nvidia GTX1080
    CPU: Intel Core i7 (7700k)
    Input cables : varies I have bought 3 different brands all mini DP to DP on the monitor
    Input cable : Also tried HDMI to HDMI 
  • lionheart12x
    Hi lionheart12x,

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
    No I haven't contacted support yet. Let me know when they get back to you, Manny. I will surely submit a ticket. Thanks. 
  • adamlreed93
    So after posting of the video, they want me send the monitor back in,  this time to a higher engineering department. The struggle continues :(
  • lionheart12x
    At least they are doing something about it. Its not a cheap piece of hardware. 
  • adamlreed93
    At least they are doing something about it. Its not a cheap piece of hardware. 
    Your right I'm happy that Acer-Manny is here and helping me, BUT if you read all the posts it's been a struggle for others that have sent in their monitor and getting the same treatment as I and then at the end getting a monitor that still doesn't work. I'm hoping this is NOT the case :).

I have shipped my monitor into Acer today for the 2nd time (within 3 weeks), crossing fingers :)
This discussion has been closed.