Urgent support acer veriton N4640G model

hotrhodz
hotrhodz Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives

Good day,

We would like to seek your assistance on this model Acer Veriton N4640G as we purchased 20 units and planning to get another 30units for our project this quarter, our main concern is that we cannot  install windows 7 OS ,also tried installing windows 8-10 and it work just fine.

We read other support site/ forum that the solution is to downgrade bios unfortunately no available fix on your site.

our company  application  only runs  in Windows 7 platform.

Hoping for your immediate feedback  

Thank you.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i think you will be able to install Windows 7, under UEFI settings (64 bit version) or under LaunchCSM setting (both 32 and 64 bit version)

to enable LaunchCSM, enter BIOS pressing Del key, move to Boot Options and enable LaunchCSM, i suggest you to enable F12 boot menu too, since you will be able to choose which device boot manually without modifying default BIOS option each time (just press F12 at boot to choose your bootable device)

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • 3kier
    3kier Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi hotrhodz, did you get the solution already? can you please share i do have same situation as yours. Thanks
  • sgtbud
    sgtbud Member Posts: 2 New User

hey,

i have the same issue with veriton n4640g. I had to reinstall them in win7 64 bits.

I knew i had to switch from uefi to csm, it's ok.

But i have another trouble, when i launch my win7 install, i lost usb keyboard and mouse just before partition selection.

I saw an option in bios USB Emulation, and tried to set it to auto or ever, but usb still don't work and the option is reset on disable after reboot.

Could u help me with this ?

• sgtbud
    sgtbud Member Posts: 2 New User
    sgtbud said:

hey,

i have the same issue with veriton n4640g. I had to reinstall them in win7 64 bits.

I knew i had to switch from uefi to csm, it's ok.

But i have another trouble, when i launch my win7 install, i lost usb keyboard and mouse just before partition selection.

I saw an option in bios USB Emulation, and tried to set it to auto or ever, but usb still don't work and the option is reset on disable after reboot.

Could u help me with this ?

i have actually bios R02-A2 C3 working on those pc. Ty for advance