X34p gaming Monitor found Blinking Issue(X34p Gaming Monitor)

Xenorve
Xenorve Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
Hi Guys, i just bought a X34p Gaming Monitor , This few Day i use my x34p to play Ps4 pro , Found Left half of the screen random Blinking, Issit normal?

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited April 2018 Answer ✓
    Xenorve 
    Does the monitor flicker only occasionally while playing games or continuously while using it normally?
    You can check by changing the refresh rate to match the capabilities of your monitor. 
    Also, update your graphics card drivers. 

Turn on Vertical Sync if the flicker occurs when DirectX or OpenGL is in use, for example, while playing a PC game. Vertical Sync, or VSync, locks the refresh rate of the application to the refresh rate of the monitor. Horizontal flicker is reduced, which improves image quality. For Nvidia cards, VSync is found in "Manage 3D Settings." For Intel, look for "3D Settings" or "Asynchronous Flip." On ATI/AMD cards, turn on "Wait for Vertical Refresh.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited April 2018 Answer ✓
    Xenorve 
    Does the monitor flicker only occasionally while playing games or continuously while using it normally?
    You can check by changing the refresh rate to match the capabilities of your monitor. 
    Also, update your graphics card drivers. 

Turn on Vertical Sync if the flicker occurs when DirectX or OpenGL is in use, for example, while playing a PC game. Vertical Sync, or VSync, locks the refresh rate of the application to the refresh rate of the monitor. Horizontal flicker is reduced, which improves image quality. For Nvidia cards, VSync is found in "Manage 3D Settings." For Intel, look for "3D Settings" or "Asynchronous Flip." On ATI/AMD cards, turn on "Wait for Vertical Refresh.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • phawkins633
    phawkins633 Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited April 2018
    I just got off the phone to Acer Technical Support. I'm awaiting a shipping label, as I am going to RMA it. Not happy. The problem is unfortunately with most X34P models. It is fine with native 100 hz. As soon as I overclock it, it starts blinking/flickering. I was in 120hz rock solid heaven for about 2 weeks. Then it just started blinking. Tried everything, from re-setting the monitor to various software configurations. Nothing worked. Gotta pack this big assed thing back up to send. I will only do this once, as I'm pretty sure it's a consistent problem, addressed ONLY on a hardware level. I'm hoping that its just a matter of a "monitor lottery", so perhaps my replacement will not flicker..not very confident however. I will follow up and let you know. And no, changing the driver to "sync" does nothing, as it is a hardware problem.
  • Xenorve
    Xenorve Member Posts: 3 New User
    Finally i plug in with my computer but the Blinking still there when i on my computer.. the blinking will not gone off... anyone can help to solve the Issue? Or any way to solve it?? ( Half left screen blinking only )
  • LKNANML
    LKNANML Member Posts: 2 New User
    Got my X34P June 1st and last night June 17th is started flickering. I've tried updated drivers, different cable, different computer, all refresh rates in win 10 and in the monitor settings. I have not tried Xenorve's advice. I will try that when I get home. I hope it works. I have almost zero backlight bleed and I really love this monitor but tracking down the flickering issue drove me nuts for 5 hrs last night. Has anyone figured out if this is a return to fix issue only?
  • EAKHawkEye
    EAKHawkEye Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hast there been an update on this issue? I've had the same problem since April but am unable to go without my monitor. For the time I'm set to 100Hz and it works well. The issue is that I waited 1.5y (and paid the extra money) to get this specific monitor for its 120Hz capabilities. Please advise.
  • DukeZ
    DukeZ Member Posts: 2 New User
    looks the issue is caused by the overclock to 120 Hz and the GSYNC together, aso for me the issue started after several week, it was rock solid when it was brand new :( quite sad
  • DukeZ
    DukeZ Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2018
    strangely enough the issue is not present in game (like Overwatch) while is most present in the loading screens of the same game or in normal desktop

• Garbo
    Garbo Member Posts: 2 New User
    I purchased my Acer X34P on 4/46/2019 at MicroCenter.

I, too, am running into this issue.  I even replaced my Display Cable with a high-end, high-performing one.  It did not fix the issue.

Is there no resolution for this beyond have Acer replace the monitor?
  • zelim
    zelim Member Posts: 1 New User
    I also have a similar issue on X34. It was doing this from day one fresh out of the box:
    When the resolution is at 1440p and I set the refresh rate to anything that is higher than 60hz the monitor flickers off and on again. It shows the "DP" label at the top right indicating that the connection was reset for some reason. The flickering becomes especially frequent when open a game or a 3D modelling software and move the camera around.
    Please help.
  • Garbo
    Garbo Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited June 2019
    Follow-up:

At this point, I am convinced the Acer X34P is not capable of running above 60Hz despite being advertised to do so.

I purchased a new one and spent many days troubleshooting this blinking/flickering issue with technical support.  We tried completely uninstalling/reinstalling the NVidia drivers (I have a 2080 Ti) - nothing.  We tried enabling/disabling various settings (V-SYNC, G-SYNC, etc. - everything).  We tried various cables (even purchased higher "certified" quality cables).

The ONLY way to get the flicking/blinking to stop was to set the refresh rate to 60Hz.  No higher.

So, we thought it was a bad panel and I decided to replace it (warranty) with ANOTHER brand new Acer X34P.  It had the SAME issues.

How did I resolve it?  I replaced the second brand new Acer with a Dell Alienware 1900R (AW3418DW) with is comparable to the Acer in every way (including price).  Absolutely no issues.

The only difference: the Acer monitor has speakers, whereas the Dell monitor has a speaker jack only.  You will have to plug external speakers in (I would recommend to the computer, not the monitor) for sound.
  • asdmatt
    asdmatt Member Posts: 1 New User
    Im getting the flickering when I use a browser in half the screen. Flicking through different tabs or programs the desktop colour flickers different shades of contrast. (doing the flickering as you click). I dont think I have come across it flickering without actually doing anything on the computer yet or in a game etc. (march-2019 build). Sounds like my issue is in the settings or need to change the background image to something less obvious with contrast changes.
  • Johnny_the_Jinx
    Johnny_the_Jinx Member Posts: 1 New User
    Is there still no TRUE solution to this in March 2020??? If this is the case, Acer is false advertising and could be up for some serious legal ramifications. 
  • ecnerwal1234
    ecnerwal1234 Member Posts: 4 New User
    is the only solution for this to send the monitor away? why doesn't acer offer a way to flash our own firmware.  Can't they just mail me a USB with the firmware flash on it and all it good