Touch screen driver for SPIN 315-51

nav643
nav643 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I bought this SPIN 315-51 machine in July 2017.  In december 2017, the touch screen stopped working and i checked device manager to see what is going on.  There is no touch screen driver listed and I cannot find it on acer website either.  It is really surprising to not find driver anywhere?  Please advise

Best Answer

• DarkRaNgEr
    DarkRaNgEr Member Posts: 92 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Hi nav643,You can install the chipset drivers (Kabylake) version 10.1.1.34 or Chipset Driver (Skylake) version 10.1.1.13 from Acer site and select device manager then select the current OS for the device. How to Install Acer Spin SP315-51 Driver:1. Make sure the first hardware driver is not installed by going to Start> right click Computer> selectProperties> System window appears> select your device manager.2. Download the drivers you need in "Download" Tab.3. Use WinRAR or 7zip to extract if the file you downloaded format (".zip" or ".rar") => open the folder that already extract was through explorer => find the setup.exe file. double click on setup.exe.4. After completion usually ask the computer or laptop at the restart. To install the next driver.Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Did this answer the question? Yes · No

Thanks and Regards,

DarkRaNgEr

Answers

• DarkRaNgEr
    DarkRaNgEr Member Posts: 92 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Hi nav643,You can install the chipset drivers (Kabylake) version 10.1.1.34 or Chipset Driver (Skylake) version 10.1.1.13 from Acer site and select device manager then select the current OS for the device. How to Install Acer Spin SP315-51 Driver:1. Make sure the first hardware driver is not installed by going to Start> right click Computer> selectProperties> System window appears> select your device manager.2. Download the drivers you need in "Download" Tab.3. Use WinRAR or 7zip to extract if the file you downloaded format (".zip" or ".rar") => open the folder that already extract was through explorer => find the setup.exe file. double click on setup.exe.4. After completion usually ask the computer or laptop at the restart. To install the next driver.Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Did this answer the question? Yes · No

Thanks and Regards,

DarkRaNgEr

• nav643
    nav643 Member Posts: 2 New User
    thanks a lot.  I am going to give this a try and report back!  I am so glad, at least I got some guidance about this since I have looked all over internet and didn't find much help at all
  • Jginter4
    Jginter4 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello, 

I also have the Acer Spin SP315-51 (Love the laptop overall, the convertible feature is great - when the screen works that is)...

Which is my issue - I've tried searching for resolutions, and this (above) is the closest I have seen yet. 

What specifically happens is this, at random, no discernible pattern what so ever, along the left side of the 'touchscreen' it starts to look like it's sensing numerous random touches as though someone was intentionally tapping the screen from top to bottom in a vertical line up & down. 

In browsers it also (again at random) magnifies and reduces the screen to the point it becomes useless until a reboot.
    The only way I can actually stop it is to reboot (which has caused lost work with my schooling - NOT impressed at that), or by pressing quite firm in a spot somewhere else on the screen until the "ghost" sensing stops. 

My guess is this is hardware related to the screen, but it's also been ongoing since purchase and the retailed only offered to send it to ACER for inspection and repair - being a full time on-line student, sending in my main computer is not the best option. 

Is there any way to fix this? 
    Is this a known issue that can be resolved without having to send the laptop in?
    I'd even be happy if there was a way to disable the touch screen all together if need be - can that be done?

• bonzaipotato
    bonzaipotato Member Posts: 2 New User
    Jginter4 said:
    Hello, 

I also have the Acer Spin SP315-51 (Love the laptop overall, the convertible feature is great - when the screen works that is)...

Which is my issue - I've tried searching for resolutions, and this (above) is the closest I have seen yet. 

What specifically happens is this, at random, no discernible pattern what so ever, along the left side of the 'touchscreen' it starts to look like it's sensing numerous random touches as though someone was intentionally tapping the screen from top to bottom in a vertical line up & down. 

In browsers it also (again at random) magnifies and reduces the screen to the point it becomes useless until a reboot.
    The only way I can actually stop it is to reboot (which has caused lost work with my schooling - NOT impressed at that), or by pressing quite firm in a spot somewhere else on the screen until the "ghost" sensing stops. 

My guess is this is hardware related to the screen, but it's also been ongoing since purchase and the retailed only offered to send it to ACER for inspection and repair - being a full time on-line student, sending in my main computer is not the best option. 

Is this a known issue that can be resolved without having to send the laptop in?
    I'd even be happy if there was a way to disable the touch screen all together if need be - can that be done?

Jginter - I am having the same issues.  Did you ever get yours to stop?  What did you do?  Thanks.

• Dari08
    Dari08 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited June 2019
    Jginter4 said:
    Hello, 

Jginter - I am having the same issues.  Did you ever get yours to stop?  What did you do?  Thanks.

Same Issue! Started about the same time as theses posts. 6-8 months ago. Could have been a windows update, but I too hve found no direct solution. Anyone listening? SUPER FRUSTRATED!!!!!! When the ghosting happens you cannot do ANYTHING else! you can't save, close, restart. Only Hard reboot! Not good!!!!!!

and I don't want to try this solution if it is unrelated.