xb241h blacks

clf
clf Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
Hi, just bought an used XB241h monitor to replace my several years old lg w2242pa.
Is it me or the blacks on that monitor are more gray than anything.
When you put them side by side, the w2442pa seems pitch black even at 100% brightness.
Is there anything I can do ? 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,463 Trailblazer
    The XB241h is a TN display. IPS displays are better especially at higher view angles. Not sure if the LG was a TN or IPS display but may be related to the reason why. If the XB241h appears blacker eyes direct on than on the periphery, that probably explains it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rocky103
    rocky103 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I thought so too. Try this, it looks much improved when you're done. First, reset the monitor in the Predator menu. Make sure gamma is 2.2 and the color temperature is set to User. I like the colors better if saturation is set at 110 but leave it alone for now and check it later. Also after you're all done don't forget to go back and run the cleartype calibration in windows' display menu last This will make sure internet text shows up the best for you. Someone made a custom ICC profile that was made with colorimeter hardware calibration equipment -- download the XB241H 6500k file from this page and apply it, per the instructions:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm#the_database