Bios files for Predator 17 G9-793-79D9

TheWizzardOfOzzy
TheWizzardOfOzzy Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My computer froze and bsod on windows update,
When I waent to boot again, the leds and the backlight keyboard light up but the screen remained black. The fans turn on a little bit. I'm stuck with a black screen.

I tried to restart the computer with some of the tricks provided (Push power button for 30s, reset battery with little hole in the back of the computer)

I went to the acer forums, and found some old thread spoke about a maybe a bios problem to recover.

I can try a bios recovery for my computer, but I'm a little stuck.

If I understood well, I must format an usb key in FAT and put the good bios file with a good name, then boot my computer with a manipulation (Fn + esc, power button then release all keys) and the new bios should install.

I downloaded the latest bios for my computer on acer website (ver. 1.13)
I decompressed it and found two files that seems to be the bios files (MU5DC.bin and MURDC.bin)
The thread stats they need the correct name to load but dont mention the name.

acer support refuses to help unless i pay 450$

So i need to know what to rename the files to flash the old bios.

This is the thread that I'm following. 

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/533643/predator-791-screen-went-black-and-now-wont-turn-on-again

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Try re-naming the .bin files to CHRDC.fd one at a time. Only one can be in the root of a FAT32 formatted flash stick. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• bittubit22
    bittubit22 Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    Try re-naming the .bin files to CHRDC.fd one at a time. Only one can be in the root of a FAT32 formatted flash stick. Jack E/NJ
    Tried renaming both MU5DC.bin and MURDC.bin to CHRDC.fd and it didn't worked. The BIOS file extracted contains 16 items including this 2. I tried 1 file at a time and also with all 16 files  but no change. Screen is still black :( Any help is appreciated.