XG270HU screen blacking out randomly

2»

Answers

• Monkeybit94
    Monkeybit94 Member Posts: 6 New User

I didn't do anything at all, it just stopped. I didn't get an update from Acer I can only assume it was a Microsoft update of somekind.

I am on the 'Windows Insider Program' so it could well be an update that hasn't reached the masses yet.

Hope it happens soon for you guys.

• Samekas
    Samekas Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm having exactly the same problem, here is a video of my problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPw184uPqhY Did anyone was able to fix it? I have ordered a verified dp 1.2 cable to see if was the cable but I'm only getting the cable tomorrow.

• Monkeybit94
    Monkeybit94 Member Posts: 6 New User

Hi Samekas,

Your problem looks like it happens far more than mine has even at it's worst.

I just checked the game I am using at the moment and I have theFreeSync turned off.

• Samekas
    Samekas Member Posts: 2 New User

With freesync off it works fine but I bought this monitor because of freesync and it doesn't work. I don't think RMA will help as I saw posts here, they will say everything works fine... I will just return the monitor and buy other freesync monitor from other brand. Also on newegg the recent reviews all seem to have the same issue.

• KingCloudBurst
    KingCloudBurst Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi all. I have FOUND the permanent FIX to losing signal on the acer xg270hu when you turn on freesync using the provided or even 2nd party display port cables. And i was shocked too but it worked...just use the provided amphenol HDMI cable, it REALLY puts out 144hz at 1440p...with freesync ON.  Happy gaming! B)
  • moriartyj
    moriartyj Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi all. I have FOUND the permanent FIX to losing signal on the acer xg270hu when you turn on freesync using the provided or even 2nd party display port cables. And i was shocked too but it worked...just use the provided amphenol HDMI cable, it REALLY puts out 144hz at 1440p...with freesync ON.  Happy gaming! B)
    Strange. When I use the HDMI port, I don't get an option for a >60Hz rate in Windows
  • moriartyj
    moriartyj Member Posts: 2 New User
    So after trying everything I could read about (including some pretty bizarre setups), the only thing that worked for me is this:
    1. Make sure your monitor firmware version is 17-01-24-11 (you can check your: us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39560/~/check-the-firmware-version-of-your-monitor)
    2. Completely uninstall and purge all remnants of the AMD Radeon drivers/software
    3. Clean install of AMD Radeon 17.12.2

No more black screens
  • lseee
    lseee Member Posts: 1 New User
    I was having the same problem with my XG270HU monitor.    Whenever I went to a video that I played fullscreen, the monitor would go black when I would click on the video progress bar.  It would go black for 10 seconds then return to fullscreen video.   If I did not touch the progress bar, it would play usually without going black again.    I have been playing Tom Clancy's "The Division" on ultra high settings with my RX580 video card with no problem; it just happened with youtube type videos.   I read through various fixes and decided to first try upgrading my video drivers from Software 17.3 to 18.2.1.   So far, it seems to have fixed a very annoying problem.   If you have an AMD video card, I suggest that you download the automatic driver detection software from their site and if the programs says you need an update, then install the "recommended" driver (not the optional one).   Although I am not technically super literate on graphics cards, I think I got lucky on this one.   Good luck.
  • Sdsban
    Sdsban Member Posts: 2 New User
    TaDaa said:
    Had the same problem with XF250Q Ab... What fixed it for me was using CRU to up my min freesync range to 49-239 from 48-240...something must have been off by 1:/
    Can u explain how u did it? What is CRU and how can I get it, to change from 48-240 to 49-239? Btw I have a Nvidia card not AMD like everyone else here. 
  • WisePomegranate
    WisePomegranate Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had this problem and ran AMD's automatic driver detection program (I have an rx570) and that seems to have fixed it.
  • superbaler
    superbaler Member Posts: 1 New User
    Potential Fix: I have an Acer XF250Q and WAS experiencing something similar. I've found ONE solution. Whenever my screen goes black, I open up NVIDIA Control Panel, under "Display" select "Change resolution", scroll down to "3. Apply the following settings." and select the opposite of whatever is currently selected (either "Use default color settings" or "Use NVIDIA color settings"), then click apply.

Certain games/programs cause my screen to go black, but so far this has remedied the problem every time I've encountered it. Hopefully it works for other people!