google updated my pc and lost mywinlocker and contents. How can I retrieve?

pongo1234
pongo1234 Member Posts: 2 New User

Google has lost my mywinlocker with contents.  Like to retrieve it if possible.

Googl says to contact acer as mywinlocker is no longer on my pc.

Answers

• ElizabethS
    ElizabethS Member Posts: 845 Practitioner WiFi Icon

What model is your pc so we can move your issue to the correct board.

• pongo1234
    pongo1234 Member Posts: 2 New User

My pc is an ACER ASPIRE.  came with windows 7 but upgraded to windows10 which included mywinlocker.

The new, self-inflicted upgrade does not have mywinlocker and removed my old version with all its content.

• Abbot67
    Abbot67 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have a similar issue after windows 10 refresh when I lost mywinlocker, does anyone know how I can get back the program suite?

• Eskimo449
    Eskimo449 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Me too, me too!

• Eskimo449

Tinkerer

Which board would that be? I also imaged my PC, formatted the disk and installed Win10, only to realize I had lost all my passwords and cant re-install mywinlocker. 8-(

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

This thread is in the correct board section, Aspire desktops, I believe the moderators moved it back in 2016. @Eskimo449 you should start your own thread instead of camping out on this very old one. Most members don't bother to read and answer threads as old as this. Use the Ask a Question button, include your full model number (the original poster never did) which is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, what issue you are having and what you have tried so far. I don't believe Winlocker has been included in Acer's factory software packages for many years though, so you may not get many comments.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Eskimo449

Tinkerer

I found the sw and i think it was Mcafee Im looking for, thanks for replying.