Acer VM6640G70020 Aspire Desktop

RShea
RShea Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 29 in 2018 Archives
This system is running Windows 10 Pro and is now about 9 months or so old. Recently the system will not stay powered on. It happens each and very night they leave the office and it will be powered off in the morning. It is on a UPS battery backup that shows about 50 minutes of estimated run time if power failure happens. I have checked the power settings in Control Panel, tried a different Power Plan and it still happens. I also installed the UPS battery backup manufacturers software after it started instead of using the Windows 10 power so the battery test could be run. I am suspecting either if it is software related, something in Windows Updates in Feb time frame?? Or else it is failing hardware- power supply or main board that is causing this problem all of a sudden in the last month. Anyone else experience this type of problem (before I call tech support and talk about hardware warranty). But if the system is only left for a few hours, (less than over night) it will be operating and just have shut down the monitor and the power light is on still.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Sure sounds like either the power plan (look into the advanced settings) or perhaps a BIOS setting overriding the power plan in the OS.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.