Touchpad Gestures not working after windows 10 installation in Aspire E5-573G

georginagan
georginagan Member Posts: 7 New User
edited March 2018 in Windows 10

I have recently bought an apire E5-573G and I installed windows 10. Touchpad gestures used to work just fine. Due to a malfunction I had to format and re-install windows 10. Now, touchpad gestures don't work at all (scrolling, 3 fingers movements,..etc), while clicking works properly. I have tried checking for driver updates or even un-installing and re-installing the synaptics driver from the device manager without result. Windows keeps telling me that my device is working properly (PS/2 Compatible Mouse as it shows). Help?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Hi,

Go to BIOS(Press F2 as soon as you press Power button), go to Main tab, click touchpad and switch to advanced, press F10 to save settings, when it reboots go to Settings and adjust settings for Touchpad in Settings(wheel at start), Devices, select Tochpad in the left pane.

PIC_2111.JPGCapture.JPG

• georginagan

Thanks for the reply,

I tried this as well but the mouse didn't work at all this time (I couldn't even see the cursor). Using the keyboard I took this screenshot in which, comparing with you, I do not have a touchpad setting.2017-04-25.png

After switching back to basic, I see this difference:

2017-04-25 (1).png

Any ideas? Smiley Happy

• brummyfan2

Hi,

Go to Device manager, expand Human Interface Devices, expand Mice and other pointing Devices, post the snip please.

Capture.JPG

• georginagan

When in basic mode (from boot menyu):

2017-04-25 (3).png

And when in advanced mode:

2017-04-25 (6).png

• brummyfan2

Hi,

You need to install the driver for I2C HID device, try uninstalling it and reboot, if that doesn't help, you may have to get help from Acer Service Centre in your region.

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

• georginagan

Thank you very much for your reply. What I cannot understand is why it used to work before the format and now it doesn't, since I installed the same driver from acer's official site both times after installing W10...

• brummyfan2

Hi,

I am really sorry that I can not solve it, you could try System Restore to a previous state when it was working properly, roll back the driver. Other members might chime in as well, so be patient for them to respond.

• georginagan

I understand. Thanks a lot!!!

• brummyfan2

Hi,

How did you know it is Synaptics and not Elantech? Have you checked the Hardware ID? Just a thought.

• georginagan

Because I tried both of them and because last time I had downloaded Synaptics Smiley Happy

• brummyfan2

Hi,

OK, I'll keep looking for a solution and let you know if I come across one.

• georginagan

Thank you very much, 'cause I'm literally out of ideas Smiley Happy

• Deepak_Rohilla
    Deepak_Rohilla Member Posts: 1 New User
    Having the same problem. There is no HID column in the device manager. Did you get it solved ??
  • Tmzdroid
    Tmzdroid Member Posts: 88 Fixer WiFi Icon
    https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

Try Driver Booster 3 I had a laptop with the same problem it picked up my outdated Elan touchpad driver and updated it to enable gestures again.
  • Tmzdroid
    Tmzdroid Member Posts: 88 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Tmzdroid said:
    https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

Try Driver Booster 3 I had a laptop with the same problem it picked up my outdated Elan touchpad driver and updated it to enable gestures again.
    Sorry its driver booster 5 nowadays just go through the options carefully when installing to avoid any unwanted software I always uninstall after updating my drivers good luck.
  • lilimrt
    lilimrt Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi,

Go to BIOS(Press F2 as soon as you press Power button), go to Main tab, click touchpad and switch to advanced, press F10 to save settings, when it reboots go to Settings and adjust settings for Touchpad in Settings(wheel at start), Devices, select Tochpad in the left pane.

PIC_2111JPGCaptureJPG

Hello,
    I have faced similar problem. I'm using Acer Aspire E1-572G.
    The problem is that, there was no Touchpad in the main Tab!

• lilimrt said:

Hi,

PIC_2111JPGCaptureJPG

Hello,
    I have faced similar problem. I'm using Acer Aspire E1-572G.
    The problem is that, there was no Touchpad in the main Tab!

I suggest you create a new topic.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    @lilimrt yes, since you have a completely different model of computer you should start your own thread. Just click the Ask a Question button and include your full model number (E1-572G-xxxx i possible), the issue that you are seeing and what you have tried so far. Also, try a CTRL-S at that BIOS screen to see if other options appear.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.