Acer aspire es 15 Helppp

L999
L999 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have had my laptop for approximately a year now and i have been experiencing what i think is display connection issues. This is because my screen is black when the laptop is turned on but programmes are still running in the background and when i hold a torch light to the screen i can see the activity. How/can I fix this issue somone help?!

Best Answer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,083 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    L999 said:
    Hi,
    Try connecting to an external display/TV with a HDMI cable, if you are able to view the pages, you may have to replace your screen.
    Thank you for the advice, my screen is still intact and i have never damaged it..do you think it could be a wire (the ones in the frame of the laptop that allow for the display)?

Yes, it's possible that the display cable may have loose connection, try moving the screen while switched on to different positions, if it shows a clear picture at any one position, you could try reconnecting the display cable.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Hi,
    Try connecting to an external display/TV with a HDMI cable, if you are able to view the pages, you may have to replace your screen.
  • L999
    Thank you for the advice, my screen is still intact and i have never damaged it..do you think it could be a wire (the ones in the frame of the laptop that allow for the display)?
  • L999
    Hi,
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    L999 said:
    Hi,

Yes, it's possible that the display cable may have loose connection, try moving the screen while switched on to different positions, if it shows a clear picture at any one position, you could try reconnecting the display cable.
  • L999
    L999 said:
    Hi,

Thank you!