Backlit Keyboard; Spacebar not lighting up

P3RS0NN
P3RS0NN Member Posts: 32 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have an one month old Acer Spin 3 with the backlit keyboard feature. However, all my keys light up except for the space bar. Is it supposed to not light up? Can someone help me troubleshoot this?

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Google "backlit keyboard" images and you will see the norm for the spacebar backlight. 8^) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Here's my KB in a darkened room. Mine has no outline around the spacebar either. What does that tell you about the image on the website? =) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Good guess! Or possibly more than just one type of backlit KB was used in this particular model. This is not unusual. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Google "backlit keyboard" images and you will see the norm for the spacebar backlight. 8^) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• P3RS0NN
    JackE said:
    Thank you! I was going to return my new laptop because on the official Acer website all of the keys lit up (Including spacebar) but I guess they lied. :anguished: You are a lifesaver :+1::smile:
  • JackE
    P3RSONN>>>official Acer website all of the keys lit up (Including spacebar) >>>

Do you have a link to the website that claimed this for the Spin 3? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• P3RS0NN
    JackE said:
    P3RSONN>>>official Acer website all of the keys lit up (Including spacebar) >>>

Do you have a link to the website that claimed this for the Spin 3? Jack E/NJ
    Here you go: acer com/ac/en/CA/content/series-design/spin3
  • JackE
    >>>Here you go: acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/series-design/spin3>>>

Thanks. You gotta click on the keyboard in the ad (the little + sign greenie) to actually see what the backlit keyboard looks like when lit up. And, voila, spacebar isn't lit up --- not even labelled "backlit keyboard" cuz it's a spacebar. 8^) Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• P3RS0NN
    JackE said:

Thanks. You gotta click on the keyboard in the ad (the little + sign greenie) to actually see what the backlit keyboard looks like when lit up. And, voila, spacebar isn't lit up --- not even labelled "backlit keyboard" cuz it's a spacebar. 8^) Jack E/NJ 

That's strange, because when I visit the webpage and press the + sign, it shows me a picture of the spacebar lit up?
  • P3RS0NN
    JackE said:

• JackE
    The spacebar has no lit symbols. What does your's look like in a darkened room? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• P3RS0NN
    JackE said:
    The spacebar has no lit symbols. What does your's look like in a darkened room? Jack E/NJ 
    The picture has a light outline around the keyboard, and in the dark, mine has no outline around the spacebar, so I was kind of confused...
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Here's my KB in a darkened room. Mine has no outline around the spacebar either. What does that tell you about the image on the website? =) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• P3RS0NN
    edited March 2018
    JackE said:

@JackE So I'm assuming that the website is incorrect?
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Good guess! Or possibly more than just one type of backlit KB was used in this particular model. This is not unusual. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ