Backlight on keyboard and Replacing WiFi + BT card

Kyopsis
Kyopsis Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello all, I have a Acer Nitro Spin 5 NP515-51-887W and I recently installed a m.2 SSD replacing the 1 TB HDD and now my backlight seems to be on a sort of power saving mode where it turns off after a period of inactivity, but I distinctly remember being able to leave the backlight on indefinitely unless I turn it off, Ive made sure I have every driver installed, power plans have been checked, and Im not sure if there is a setting Im missing somewhere, does anyone know how i can set it to have it stay on?

Also, Im considering changing the wifi card to an intel card, has anyone done this successfully without any issues?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    If you have setting to change the backlight behaviour, it will be in Windows Mobility centre, go to Control panel, select view by small icons, click Windows Mobility centre.
    You could change the WiFi card to a Intel card with similar specs to your current card and don't think you'll have any major issues.

• Kyopsis
    Hi,
    If you have setting to change the backlight behaviour, it will be in Windows Mobility centre, go to Control panel, select view by small icons, click Windows Mobility centre.
    You could change the WiFi card to a Intel card with similar specs to your current card and don't think you'll have any major issues.

Thanks for the response, Ive changed these settings and still the backlight on the keyboard goes out after a period of time
  • Kyopsis
    I just realized I said backlight, I meant backlight on my keyboard, I apologize for the confusion
  • brummyfan2
    Kyopsis said:
    I just realized I said backlight, I meant backlight on my keyboard, I apologize for the confusion

Hi,
    Yes, that's what I meant, I don't think there's a setting for the backlight to stay on all the time, you said that you had the backlight switched on always, if there's a setting it will be in the Windows Mobility centre. You said you have changed settings, which settings? Do you have settings for Backlight to stay on always? Could you please post the snip of Windows Mobility centre.
  • Kyopsis

I have it set to high performance, but Im not noticing a change
  • brummyfan2
    Kyopsis said:

Hi,
    You have no settings for the keyboard backlight, keyboard backlight meant to go off after few seconds by design, it's a power saving feature.
  • Kyopsis
    Kyopsis said:

Hi,
    You have no settings for the keyboard backlight, keyboard backlight meant to go off after few seconds by design, it's a power saving feature.
    But before I reformatted, the backlight stayed on indefinitely, there must be a setting somewhere that IM missing that keeps it on, but I do appreciate the help you've given me